Twisted I-Beam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A great novelty piece but thats it. Show car, a slim maybe, for street never. The 'I' beam design of the axle is gone. The idea of an 'I' beam structure is to have the top plate in compression, while the bottom plate is in tension, and the vertical web would be in shear. All that is now gone. Can't say I've ever seen or heard of Ford having this type of thing on display, but if they did, it would likely be more to show how tough the material is in their axles. Interesting. Sniper

Yes it's true. Ford did twist axles for dealer display's to demonstrate their strength. They were not for use. I don't know if that Ebay axle is one of them but they did exist.

Yes it's true. Ford did twist axles for dealer display's to demonstrate their strength. They were not for use. I don't know if that Ebay axle is one of them but they did exist.

Woo hoo!! What a guess on my part!:D Would make for a great piece of wall art in the garage. When someone asked what happened.... tell them you had one brake lock on.;) Sniper

Latest posts

Back