1937 Packard 115 coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the front and back windows glued in, lots of taping to keep from slobbering the stuff on that light color. The last 5 builds I've done have been black so a little speck here and there was harder to spot. :eek:
Mounted speakers and interior lights, working on putting the whole rad support and associated stuff together, need to find the right hoses to connect it and get some coolant in to have a proper running of the engine, get the tranny fluid topped up, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_2957.JPG
    IMG_2957.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2958.JPG
    IMG_2958.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2960.JPG
    IMG_2960.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2962.JPG
    IMG_2962.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2961.JPG
    IMG_2961.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2963.JPG
    IMG_2963.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 29
Finished putting the dash together and put the Wheelskin leather wrap on the Grant banjo wheel, not a bad match to the dash, especially since I bought it 4 years ago before even knowing the dash would be brown...:)Got rad hoses on, filled it up and had it running for 1/2 hr, topping up tranny fluid, finding leaks (forgot to tighten tranny line fittings :eek:), got a mystery water leak , think its the lower rad hose, temp gauge doesn't work [S. Why doesn't everything just work right from the start for a change?? Guess that would just be asking too much of the Rod Gods.....:cool:
Still need to make a couple deflectors that are missing to direct the defroster vents on the dash up to the window.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2964.JPG
    IMG_2964.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2965.JPG
    IMG_2965.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2971.JPG
    IMG_2971.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 44
I'm sure one of your posts told who you got the gauges from but, I don't remember.
I bought a set of Classic Instruments gauge kit for the 63 Nova and everyone of the needles were bent, had to return them for another set.
Great lookin dash.
[P[P[P

I'm sure one of your posts told who you got the gauges from but, I don't remember.
I bought a set of Classic Instruments gauge kit for the 63 Nova and everyone of the needles were bent, had to return them for another set.
Great lookin dash.
[P[P[P

They are the original gauges restored by RS Gaugeworks in Phoenix AZ, pricey but they look great. Internals are Autometer 12V and an electronic clock replaces the old mechanical one. The speedo is driven by a CableX box under the dash that converts the signal from the tranny sender to a short cable hooked to the original speedo, a little motor in the CableX unit drives it. Never used one before, we'll see how it works out....
I've used Classic instruments many times before and never had an issue with their quality.

Latest posts

Back