Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That tall front of the hood with the short grille gives it a really unique sinister look. Nice work!

attachment.php

Thanks gang!!
There was some thought given to changing up the hood lip area, snopro. ( rounding the corners. Raising the lower edge. etc) I like the stock look so it will stay as is.
It does answer the frame horn question ZZ. Anything that involves less cutting is fine with me.😂
I had plans for today but I’m running on empty right now. The past 5 days have been extremely hot here, at least for us in June, and the heat takes a toll on me.
Makes me wonder how I baked for all those years.
So a day of rest it is.
Torchie.

Well Torchie you have succeeded in changing my die hard feeling that cars just weren't for me. The last time I owned a car was when I bought a '70 Chevelle SS new.

What's your plan for that sweet ride? I might be a player especially if you put a Dodge engine it. [cl[cl:D:D[P[P[:cool::cool:

We just had a hellish thunderstorm roll in, soltz.
Too bad it didn't last long as we, like many areas, really need the rain.
Torchie

I’ve been in friggin heavy rain the last two days! I’m sick of rain! Flash flooding all around, I’ve see water in places that usually don’t get this much water in the winter! Right now, it’s 75* and 85* humidity! Air you can wear!
Tomorrow’s high is 87*, with all that humidity. I’m thinking about retiring until fall!

I’ve been in friggin heavy rain the last two days! I’m sick of rain! Flash flooding all around, I’ve see water in places that usually don’t get this much water in the winter! Right now, it’s 75* and 85* humidity! Air you can wear!
Tomorrow’s high is 87*, with all that humidity. I’m thinking about retiring until fall!

Freakish weather so far this spring for sure Bama.
Seems like either drought or flooding depending where you are.
First storm blew in and it poured for about 10 minutes. Hour later second storm came along. Temp dropped from 84 to 66 in about 5 minutes. Heavy rain .
Now all is quiet.
Torchie

Well Torchie you have succeeded in changing my die hard feeling that cars just weren't for me. The last time I owned a car was when I bought a '70 Chevelle SS new.

What's your plan for that sweet ride? I might be a player especially if you put a Dodge engine it. [cl[cl:D:D[P[P[:cool::cool:

Thanks POPS.
Since I’m tossing the 4.3 that’s in it I’m looking at the small block mopars. I’ve got about 8 booked marked on my computer.🤪
As long as I stay away from the 340’s the prices are comparable or better then a SBC.
I prefer carbs and want to keep it as simple as I can.
There is also a whisper of the possibility of a vintage Hemi. But at this point it’s only a whisper😜
Torchie

Not too much done today.
Emergency trip to the leg shop this morning as my leg braces kept ending up around my ankles.:eek::eek:
Once I got home....
As promised.
Off with the grill and in with some bracing. Everything centered.
Outside frame to outside frame is 30-1/2". Good and sturdy now.[;) [;)
Broke out the yard stick in honor of Dr Crankenstein. :) :)
A question.
Are the lug nuts that come with the spacer/adapter used to hold the spacer/adapter to the hub.?
They sure look like they should be.
Also. The centric ring. Is it used to center the adapter to the hub or used after the hub is on to center the rim?
Remember i'm a total freshman when it comes to these things.:eek:
Thanks gang.
Keep on keeping on.
Torchie

Attachments

• 0-4.jpg
    0-4.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 0-5.jpg
    0-5.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 0-6.jpg
    0-6.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 0-3.jpg
    0-3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 0-2.jpg
    0-2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 13
I would think the ring should be used for your adapter. You can center your wheel on the lugs, but its real important to get your adapter centered on the hub, any variation will be magnified when you mount the wheel. My thoughts.

As for the nuts, if they're the same thread as your S10 wheel studs ( M12X1.5) they look like they could be used for those.

I would think the ring should be used for your adapter. You can center your wheel on the lugs, but its real important to get your adapter centered on the hub, any variation will be magnified when you mount the wheel. My thoughts.

As for the nuts, if they're the same thread as your S10 wheel studs ( M12X1.5) they look like they could be used for those.

When I bought the adapters I contacted the company and they were the ones that said I would need the rings. And what size to get. So I agree with you about them going on the with the adapter, snopro. And the things I’ve seen with them being used in the rim is more about aftermarket rims being used with no adapters.
The lugs are the same thread pitch as the S 10 lugs.
They are flared more and perhaps slightly shorter which lead me to think they were to be used to hold the adapters on the hubs. Less chance of clearance issues that way.
I’m going to try to get the mock up tire and rim on one of the front hubs tomorrow.
Should be interesting as I will need to get in the floor to do it.🙀
Torchie

More heat today. In a effort to do at least something on the car everyday I patterned the NOS parking light housings that have all the fasteners intact.
Now I know which holes I need to weld shut.
It started to cool down about 7:00 pm so I went back out with the intent of getting the Spacer/ adapter on and mounting the mock up tire.
Well.... that ain’t happening.
That rim is frozen solid to the hub.
No amount of pounding on it with my sledge would budge it.
I guess I’ll try some heat on it tomorrow .
That’s it for now.
Torchie.

Attachments

• 15AC3D0C-C006-4B20-84B8-010C297823E7.jpg
    15AC3D0C-C006-4B20-84B8-010C297823E7.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 13
  • C180CB05-C1D3-4FB3-B219-8227476BBFB6.jpg
    C180CB05-C1D3-4FB3-B219-8227476BBFB6.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 3CBC77CA-8779-4084-9835-01A8AF57575B.jpg
    3CBC77CA-8779-4084-9835-01A8AF57575B.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 13
  • B90EDA52-ACDA-440B-BCFF-26376C71F808.jpg
    B90EDA52-ACDA-440B-BCFF-26376C71F808.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 18F6C50E-828E-4BAC-B966-E32417FE6BD6.jpg
    18F6C50E-828E-4BAC-B966-E32417FE6BD6.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 15
Not to try to outdo POPS.
Not as tough as I used to be.😳
Torchie.

Attachments

• 03F2A367-298B-4543-A2CD-D2AE7F5EF564.jpg
    03F2A367-298B-4543-A2CD-D2AE7F5EF564.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 7D6470A4-915B-4C7E-9866-6E9F156E4455.jpg
    7D6470A4-915B-4C7E-9866-6E9F156E4455.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 19
Looks like it's stuck at the center register hole. I'd soak it with penetrating oil a day or two before I tried it again.
You might be able to put a small bottle jack behind one side and put pressure on one side, then whack the other with the sledge....

I've removed badly stuck tires like that before with a long bar for lots of leverage. That one looks particularly bad. Looks like you should plan on replacing your rotors if you weren't already.

Latest posts

Back