Amazing Old Photographs

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rush hour in Chicago

rush-hour-in-chicago.jpg

What is it about old photographs like this that we all find so intriguing? I am always fascinated by them. I think about the struggles that people faced back then compared to the "first world problems" we deal with today.

What is it about old photographs like this that we all find so intriguing? I am always fascinated by them. I think about the struggles that people faced back then compared to the "first world problems" we deal with today.

Weren’t really any struggles, it was just normal life to them. It just seems like a struggle because we do things differently now. Not saying some didn’t have a hard time, some did, but some still do today just in different ways.

My grandfather that was born in 1890 and lived to be 90 years old used to laugh every time he heard people talk about the “ good old days.”
He said that anyone that thought the old days were so good, never lived through them.
Torchie

Looking back a few decades, I can sure see where my life was not as great as it is now. I'm just glad I didn't know it back then. It was just the way things were. I didn't know it was too hot to play outside in the summer in the middle of the Mojave Desert. I didn't know a lot of things were messed up. :D

I know ya can't see him, but somewhere in the crowd of pedestrians either on the near side or the far, is the guy that invented the traffic light...:D

Latest posts

Back