1937 Packard 115 coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been puttering away at assembly, installed the woodwork in back

attachment.php

Since the battery is under the floor, I put in remote jumper terminals in the trunk

attachment.php
attachment.php

Putting in the underdash components, heater, wiper motor, etc., to get ready for wiring. I also fabbed up an under dash pod to hold the radio and heater controls. The radio had to go way over under the glove box instead of in the middle like I wanted, but no room because of the heater, besides, you wouldn't be able to change a CD with the shifter in Park :( Seems like everything ends up wanting to live in the same spot....Once the pod is painted it should blend in with the rest of the dash.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2876.JPG
    IMG_2876.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2888.JPG
    IMG_2888.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2886.JPG
    IMG_2886.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2877.JPG
    IMG_2877.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2879.JPG
    IMG_2879.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2880.JPG
    IMG_2880.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 89
Slowly working on the wiring, got the under dash pod painted up, fitted the ignition, light and wiper controls to the center dash panel, bunch of grinding and filing the holes behind the panel to get the modern parts to fit where the Packard ones were. Heater controls are in the lower pod with the radio.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2903.JPG
    IMG_2903.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 62
These colors are a treat together ZZ.

Looking forward to seeing this one sitting out in the sun. [cl[cl[P[P

Thanks everyone for the positive remarks.:)
Wifey is liking the cream color so much, she wants the next one done in the same shade :D
We'll see on that one, it's a couple years down the road at this rate.... but yeah, I want to see this one in the light of day too, gotta sort out the wiring tangle and get it running, doors on, etc., upholstery this summer I think.

Had to take the tank back out, the fuel sender had the wrong ohm rating and wouldn't work with the fuel gauge. Waiting for the right one to show up to put it back in. On the brighter side, I put a hose in a gas can, let the pump fill the carb, cranked the engine over a couple turns and it fired right up! Happy Days!!

attachment.php

Just about done with the wiring at last, a real brain teaser [S
Waiting for a couple light sockets to install the last
dash panel with the speedo and the glove box lid with the clock in it. Seems like every little tool in the box comes out when doing this stuff, a real mess 'till it's done.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Changed out the Ford alternator for a chrome 1 wire GM so I didn't need to use the ford voltage regulator and a bunch of extra wiring.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2950.JPG
    IMG_2950.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2952.JPG
    IMG_2952.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2949.JPG
    IMG_2949.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2948.JPG