Thursday at Gruber's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last Call

57 degrees today brought out a few cars at Gruber's. Cool '38 Chevy Coupe followed by a nice Ford post. Retired sign painter Gary's Tudoor and our cook Ted's WIP truck.

Attachments

• IMG_3105.jpg
    IMG_3105.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3106.jpg
    IMG_3106.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3107.jpg
    IMG_3107.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3108.jpg
    IMG_3108.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 29
Hot Rod Season Over in Minnesota

Here's part of the line up at Gruber's tonight. In fairness, there were three diehards, but you've seen the cars.

Attachments

• IMG_3112.jpg
    IMG_3112.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 24
Saying Goodbye to Bill

Bill H, was one of my favorite guys that attended the Thursday night picnics at Grubers. A lover of Willy cars. He has two, a Coupe and a '33 Sedan. The sedan is perfect. A trophy winner. The coupe was driven all over the country. Bill dabbled in Gasser class racing at a younger age.
A Goalie for the University of Minnesota Duluth, he held the record for most saves in a game in Division 1 hockey up until recently. A record he held for over 50 years.
Bill was instrumental in getting Girls and Woman's hockey established and thriving in Minnesota.
But mainly, he was a kind hearted, honest and loyal friend.

Attachments

• Willys 002.jpg
    Willys 002.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 27
  • Willys 003.jpg
    Willys 003.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3204.jpg
    IMG_3204.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 27
Willow River Car Show

First, a heartfelt "Thank You" to all of you regarding my friend Bill.

I went to this show to visit with a couple friends and look at a few cars. Took a few pics too. Not many street/hot rods. The trend is toward later model, comfortable stuff.

On the way home the Fiat died. Several times. Figured out the ignition/starter switch is intermittent. The Holley fuel pump would lose power and I'd coast to a stop. After several go and stops, I learned if I held the key "just so" it would maintain contact. I'll have to build another hot rod to replace the Fiat.

Attachments

• IMG_3210.jpg
    IMG_3210.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3211.jpg
    IMG_3211.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3212.jpg
    IMG_3212.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3214.jpg
    IMG_3214.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 20
Check out marine switches Bob. Not all but some are built much better than the automotive ones you find. Most of the auto parts stores around always carry their own brand and maybe some other manufacturers stuff.(mostly Chinese junk) The marine switches are usually designed for near water life which helps on putting them on rods in my opinion. Nothing I drive is well sealed against moisture and the marine switches seem to last longer. Finding a marine equipment store shouldn't be hard in Minnesota.

Lots of guys showing up at Gruber's and quite a few cars. But I've posted all of them before. Gotta wait for some new blood. I'll post from cruises and shows I go to on this thread.

My Fiat problem was a very loose electrical connection. How do screws unscrew themselves? Answer: vibration, maybe.

Latest posts

Back