34 Ford 5 Window Coupe Hot Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a shot of the padded roof filler.
009-3.jpg

And the Ford 94 carbs.
006-6.jpg

005-8.jpg

Last edited:
I got the headliner in. Now I now why upholsterers charge so much and won't mind paying them from now on. Polished up the window garnish moldings. Replaced the bent tie rod.

I think I'll get a fold down seat to replace the original so I can utilize the room behind the seat. I will also need to make a panel to separate the trunk area.

Last edited:
Getting everything ready. I love the electric hoist I added to my gantry crane!
002-8.jpg

003-8.jpg

Here's my helper Jeese. Young lad I'm trying to teach how to work on old cars. This is the first time he's help put in a car engine. He does work on motorcycles.
005-9.jpg

004-8.jpg

Here it is in the car. Looks great if you don't mind me saying so! :D

007-6.jpg

006-7.jpg

I also swapped out the big and little radial tires off my Stude.
010-3.jpg

Of all the cars on this site right now, I get the happiest smile everytime I look at this little coupe. What a fine machine. THIS is true patina and a true survivor from "the good old days." Thanks for taking the time to share your work with us.:cool:[P

Oh, yeah and also a big thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge with a "young guy." His smile in that photo says all that needs saying.:cool::cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

Looks real nice. Its always fun to teach guys that actually want to learn.

Don,Where did you get that gantry crane from?

I have been looking for one for a while now and havent been able to put my hands on one.

I need one to get the 34 body off that I have here at the shop.

Thanks for the info DMW. I have a pair of those "U" adapter brackets and was wondering if you used them and what you thought of them since I'll be doing basically the same swap here in the near future.

Here's a picture of the adapters used to install the 24 stud engines in an early chassis. See the blue u-shaped pieces.
003-9.jpg

001-8.jpg

The 59A engine had a double belt pulley on a long snout crank. I had to cut off the fan pulley so it would fit the chassis. Youcan either run an electric fan as I did or run a fan mounted alternator.

The clearance is really close I had to jack the engine up to get the alternator belt on.
002-9.jpg

Here you can the rake going on. Posie's drop front spring with 195s in the front and 215s in the rear.
007-7.jpg

Just a few shot of the interior work in progress.
006-8.jpg

005-10.jpg

004-9.jpg

Thanks for the photos DMW. I'll be using the stock generator and associated generator mounted fan. We'll see how that works out and go from there. Those wheels/tires look nice and the rake looks nice as well. I hope to strat my build thread soon so you can see what I'm up to. Don't look for anything as nice as this though. My car is a bit rough. It'll have a nice engine though.

Found this new/old aftermarket oil filter last week at a swap meet. It has a bronze filter element you can just take out and clean with a drain plug to drain and acuumulated sludge. Made by Permanent Filter Division of Continental Manufacturing Corp. Culver City, CA.Thought it would work good and only $15.

261.jpg

263.jpg

264.jpg

Latest posts

Back