Show Off Your Garage

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that is about all it is good for or strip it of parts, but I am not aloud. It needs work so one day I may fix it.
DSCF1983.jpg

Wow, yall got more room than I could ever dream about. My little 12X14 is so full of "treasures" and other usefull stuff, I had a hard time finding an empty spot to hang more good stuff. I've got a 10X20 storage building that I can't get in anymore. And when I go looking for something, it's never where I put it. I usually find it a year or two later. But, on the bright side, if I had a big nice shop, it would be full of junk anyway. I guess it's better I have a little one.

Attachments

• shop1.jpg
    shop1.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 266
  • shop2.jpg
    shop2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 238
  • shop3.jpg
    shop3.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 246
  • shop4.jpg
    shop4.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 232
  • shop5.jpg
    shop5.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 236
It's true, more room, more stuff...

I think George Carlin did a comedy routine based on that..... Stuff.. I don't call my stuff, junk... if it was junk, I'd throw it out..... my wife would disagree!

Man, those are some cool Garages/Shops. I do most of my work under my carport and I have a 1000sq ft basement where I kinda sorta fix,build and make things.I live alone so I can pretty much do what ever I want too as long as I dont make to much noise or blow anything else up. I will shoot some pictures when I get a chance.[P[;):cool:

We all started out turning wrenchs somewhere....

I didn't have a garage of my own until I opened my service station / auto repair shop after getting out of the Army in 72.... still didn't have a garage at the house..... prior to that, driveway, car port, strattle a ditch to pull the trans, anywhere, anyhow...you just got it done...

I didn't have a garage of my own until I opened my service station / auto repair shop after getting out of the Army in 72.... still didn't have a garage at the house..... prior to that, driveway, car port, strattle a ditch to pull the trans, anywhere, anyhow...you just got it done...

I've done the "ditch" thing a time or 2.I have also used a tree limb and a come along to pull an engine.What I have now is a thousand times better then what I had as a teenager.:D[P;)[cl:cool:

When I lived at my parents I got the driveway then the carport!

When I lived with my mother, All I had was the backyard,an oak tree and a shed with no heat and an extention cord run from the house for a drop light to be pluged into.Truth is, I miss those days.I had a lot of fun working on cars in that yard.[;)[P:cool:

Can't help but miss all those great times...

My kids think I'm going thru my second childhood.... little do they know I never got past my first..... today I mentioned suicide doors on the GMC and my kid said I was out of my mind..... just shook his head and mumbled something as he walked away....

Only one thing wrong with that photo....

So many mustangs.....LOL just kidding..... huge place..... you could shoot a cannon off and not hit anything...... good luck with all your projects.. question? do you drive one of those each day? LOL

here are some of mine...

lift area
100_0389.jpg

welding table
100_0248.jpg

engine room
family1013.jpg

frame plate withfun work
Picture009.jpg

the toy
100_2548.jpg

Ive been looking to buy a flame table can you tell me more about yours what can it do much much to set it up or can i hire you to cut some small parts thanks jeff

mine was $15K but it can cut a 4'X8' 1/2" sheet of steel. you can get smaller ones now for like $3k

here's my hide out

Attachments

• hot rod 002.JPG
    hot rod 002.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 194
  • hot rod 017.JPG
    hot rod 017.JPG
    205.2 KB · Views: 216
  • hot rod 018.JPG
    hot rod 018.JPG
    209.2 KB · Views: 207
25x50 to 24x30 to 30x60 soon

I am a wood worker & mechanic, I rented a farm house that had a 25x50 shop building for 15 years .property changed hands I gotta go.told realtor I need a garage that has a house with it.bought house with 24x30 atached. glad to have it but grew out of it the day I moved in.been cramped ever sense.there is a light at the end of the tunell.just signed contract for 30x60.should move in end of april. cant wait!! note old tire changer in front I changed tires on this in my grandfathers service station in early 70's. still use it on wheels I'm not worried about scratching.

Attachments

• 39@ snow 004.jpg
    39@ snow 004.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 39@ snow 008.jpg
    39@ snow 008.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 39@ snow 010.jpg
    39@ snow 010.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 151
  • 39@ snow 006.jpg
    39@ snow 006.jpg