Gas line and Exhaust

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redidbull

I have been working on a dual exhaust set up with headers for my 89 F150 project. I am 90 degree off the header to a 90 between the frame and the body out the side.Tonight I realize the pipe going under the frame rail is right below the fuel line and fuel pump. I am thinking back to the drawing board. Before I do ditch everything would header wrap or a shield work? Thanks. I can take pix tomorrow. Jim

How close is the exhaust to the fuel line? If you have a couple inches, you are likely safe with nothing. Assuming it is not an over the top "fire breather". For peace of mine, a reflective shield, or wrap can't hurt. If the fuel line is inside the frame rail, and the exhaust is outside, the frame should suffice as a shield. Always best to err on the side of caution.

Thanks for the replies. I can go a couple inches below the frame rail. The thing I didn't mention if these lines are the high pressure plastic lines. I encased them in split plastic wire loom. I have ordered some heat wrap and will try to move the lines up more. Jim

Latest posts

Back