Trivia time guys,tell me what ya see!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2nd gear

Just got the glass bucket off for the first time! NOT SURE where it came from!! FRAME?? BREAKS(chevy?!?) REAR END??(ford 9?) WADDA YA SEE??? Give me some wisdom !!! PLEASE!![S[P[S[P

Attachments

• 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 65
Just got the glass bucket off for the first time! NOT SURE where it came from!! FRAME?? BREAKS(chevy?!?) REAR END??(ford 9?) WADDA YA SEE??? Give me some wisdom !!! PLEASE!![S[P[S[P

The tube running to the front coil over ran back and down to the pan where the arrow is marked,looks like the frame and pan use to be wider. The cowl had corosponding holes,also what do ya think about the tow hook bracket up front? Is the rear z portion really extreme?Was the rear some sort of race frame of some type? The frame does taper from front to rear (41" TO 32"). [S[S[S[S[

Curious,are the bars supposed to be parallel? Is being angled a pro or con?

Attachments

• 003[1].jpg
    003[1].jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 22
Ill have to google that one,imagine what ill find typn in wild willy!!LOL Gotta find my best options for front suspension. Itll be a process,but thats half the fun ,right!! I just dont wanna start cutting,welding,grinding without a real good plan,cant afford to do it to many times!!!lol

I think what you have there, is the remains of an old school pro street or sportsman style chassis, cut down and modified to fit the bucket. The front upper A-arm looks like stock Mustang II. The tube at the front shock looks like a cut off rollcage strut like the one on this car. Notice the angle...

56chevy002.jpg

Wild Willy Borsch and "The Winged Express".

wildwilly02-06-2.jpg

Dr. crankenstein,I think you are correct!!! Im really debating on what direction to take this front suspension!! as you have seen in the pics tire clearance and coil over mounts ARE an issue.Do I just stretch the frame or cut and rebuild for spring over set up??? I know alot of guys like spring over setups but Im sure not going that direction JUST to be cool! This IS about what will work safely,AND the all mighty dollar.(looks are a factor but not the biggest .Thank you for your input and pics.best anwser Ive had yet!!!! Your wisdom has been absorbed!!!!lol

Latest posts

Back