My gran's ride

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruised

Can anyone ID this ol ride for me?
Believe to be early 30's
I'd like to track one down.

Cheers
Bruised

the image has my both my grans an great gran to the left.

Attachments

• The-Car-downsized.gif
    The-Car-downsized.gif
    147.1 KB · Views: 124
Thanks for that ID, it's certainly looks like it is a roadster.
The hunt begins...

Cheers
Bruised

Hard to tell, but I think it's a 33 Ford. The grill shell is where the difference in a 33-34 is, one is thicker than the other, but I can't remember which is which......Dr. Crank, where are you?

It's a 34 Roadster. Roadsters had the window frame attached to the cowl and convertibles had the window posts as part of the cowl. 33's had a thinner grille shell and curved louvers on the hood sides. Be prepared to spend $20 grand+ on a project car..

32 3 windows and all 33-34 Fords had suicide doors. i have a 34 5 window in the garage.

021.jpg

I'll try and post all of the original pic. I had to cut out the car from a landscape picture (which is huge) I'll see how much of the original I can get.

Back soon
Bruised

Dr. Crank, where are you?

Desperately trying to keep my vital organs on the inside. (nasty flu bug) :mad:

Like dmw said, '33 hood sides have curved louvers. They also have a single handle/catch.

'34 has two catches. Snake Farm's pic and your original photo, match.

Here's a '33...

1933-Ford-Deluxe-Roadster.jpg

This pic is a family treasure.

I've heard so many stories of the adventures and trips in this ford and the chev truck they had.

The old girl (aka hottie) was a one of the best horse handlers of the day apparently. my old man would say she would ride anything. And break it in. :D

So if you where into rodeo, bare back and leather straps, she might have been the one.

Bruised

Attachments

• Seaforth-Panaramic_downsize.gif
    Seaforth-Panaramic_downsize.gif
    47.1 KB · Views: 29
Yes, I know where it is. A place called Seaforth.
I'm heading there in a week. I'll grab a pic for comparison. I've been meaning to do that for some time.

Cheers
Bruised

Latest posts

Back