Help ID this Motorhome

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepking

Can anyone help me id this motorhome? The title says 1962 house car. Other than that I cant find anything on it. I know it has a inline 6 3 speed and a dually rear end.

I already own it. My wife bought it a few months ago and I really don't want it. Just looking for some info before I try and sell it. And yes I know its a Chevrolet. Lol

Looks to me to be a home made motor home based on a Chevy Commercial chassis and front sheet metal.
If you google "House car" you will get a California DMV definition..
Basically any motorized vehicle that has been converted to human occupency.
Is this from Cali?
The van part of it looks older than 62. More like something from the 50's
Could be titled 62 as that was the year it was converted and registered.
just my 2 cents worth....
Torchie.

Last edited:
Looks to me to be a home made motor home based on a Chevy Commercial chassis and front sheet metal.
If you google "House car" you will get a California DMV definition..
Basically any motorized vehicle that has been converted to human occupency.
Is this from Cali?
The van part of it looks older than 62. More like something from the late 50's
Could be titled 62 as that was the year it was converted and registered.
just my 2 cents worth....
Torchie.

That was my exact thoughts. It's a older chassis that was retitled as a "house car".

to me it also looks like a converted step van...
Also how much are you asking? you have pics of the inside? What motor/trans is it?

You don't often hear "My wife bought it, and I'm trying to get rid of it" on here, that is great!

Yep.....not the same as the other one...

I agree it looks late 40's early 50's.....but I've been known to be wrong before......:D

Look yours over carefully for any tags. Most of these step vans were built on chassis from either Ford or Chevy/GM by other companies such as Grumann.
I saw a post from two guys that had the exact same style but one had Ford Chassis and running gear and the other Chevy.

Torchie.

I agree it looks late 40's early 50's.....but I've been known to be wrong before......:D

The early 50s Chevy step vans that I've looked at to buy shared the same grill as the pickups.

I've got picks but photobucket is refusing to load..:mad:

Latest posts

Back