Year ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankee Transplant

He started out with nothing, he still has most of
09-10-10_161 (1).jpg

25-12-11_082 (1).jpg

25-12-11_082 (2).jpg I was told this was a 31 but a 31 don't have a screw on rad. cap Also the 31 chevy cars don't have the same dash .. no # any where ... fenders kinda look like a 29.. but this could be a truck of many parts (not really the ones that belong ) I just don't know what year to call it :D

That looks just like mine, did yours have a tag on the firewall . ? Another man had a 32 (confederate ) I think that's what his tag said and his looked very close to mine too .. he had a I.D. plate still on his . Is your Dash the same , mine has an inset to it where the gauges go .. and I was told the last year of the screw on cap was the 30. .. that bed is identical to mine , but they say you buy the truck and add the bed according to how long you wanted it . Thanks for the picture Dirtyrat.

The fenders look like they are missing the body line around the perimeter. Are those steel or fiberglass fenders ?

That looks just like mine, did yours have a tag on the firewall . ? Another man had a 32 (confederate ) I think that's what his tag said and his looked very close to mine too .. he had a I.D. plate still on his . Is your Dash the same , mine has an inset to it where the gauges go .. and I was told the last year of the screw on cap was the 30. .. that bed is identical to mine , but they say you buy the truck and add the bed according to how long you wanted it . Thanks for the picture Dirtyrat.

Sorry if I was not more clear, I do not own a 33, just looking at pictures trying to help you identify your truck. :)

Old Iron, they are steel, but it does have fiber in some places , they could have taken it out , I guess patch-work over the years . My bad Dirtyrat,,, I just got excited when I saw the picture [dr . You don't see many (chevy's ). Information on them is not as plenty-full as the Fords. They say there is not many around because the cab frame is made of wood and tin nailed to it , so When the wood fell apart they just junked them.

I've looked at a couple 30s chevys as well, never seem to find any that are solid for that same reason of the wood rotting out the steel or just missing altogether...

Mine still has most of the wood in it I used (bed rails) to bolt threw and sturdy up the cab . then I made a 1x1 tubing floor frame and welded everything together to make it sturdy again .. Its done pretty well !! the top of the cab would move forward when you put on the brakes when I got it . it was in very ruff shape . they played with it alittle at the drag strip, just for show , and it just about shook it to pieces . You can still see the nails in places on mine .

Latest posts

Back