What is this and where does it go?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restorex

I was pulling all of the loose parts out of the trunk of my 1931 Chev coupe and came across this part. The piece at the top of the photo I found out is a drip tray that goes below the roll up rear window. But the part at the bottom of the photo......have no idea what it is, or where it goes. Someone thought it was a opener for the cowl vent, but there is no cowl vent on the car.
Anyone have an idea?

Just a guess on my part....looks like it may be a clamp of some sort. The center retracts as the wing nut is turned, the straps looks like they would be in slots by the way the ends are finished. The whole works applies pressure when the straps pivot against something... like a spare tire possibly??

As long as we're guessing

Just a guess on my part....looks like it may be a clamp of some sort. The center retracts as the wing nut is turned, the straps looks like they would be in slots by the way the ends are finished. The whole works applies pressure when the straps pivot against something... like a spare tire possibly??

The rear window regulator for raising and lowering the window [S

The bottom piece is the rear window regulator.
The back glass in the coupes go up and down like the side glasses do.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2013-01-09_12-53-53_716.jpg
    2013-01-09_12-53-53_716.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 84
That's what I was thinking it could be. The thing is...I have another wide regulator that is still on a piece of rotten wood that fits right into the spot under the rear window. It is a completely different regulator system that I have pictured. Hmmm

Latest posts

Back