Windshield Clip "Pins"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xhp734

On my '65 Skylark, I had to remove the front windshield and repair the bottom-side of the frame that held it. This side was completely rusted away and had to be cut out.

When I removed the windshield, there were clips around it that attached to some kind of pins in the frame. They looked like nail-heads. I found a replacement to the lower-edge of the frame and am almost ready to install it, but I don't know where to look for those pins and how to install them.

Can anybody tell me about these "pins" and how to replace them?

OK....

On my '65 Skylark, I had to remove the front windshield and repair the bottom-side of the frame that held it. This side was completely rusted away and had to be cut out.

When I removed the windshield, there were clips around it that attached to some kind of pins in the frame. They looked like nail-heads. I found a replacement to the lower-edge of the frame and am almost ready to install it, but I don't know where to look for those pins and how to install them.

Can anybody tell me about these "pins" and how to replace them?

Those pins are how the molding is retained with special clips that slid over those pins...to my knowledge the pins are not replaceable....I would check with someone like Year one or other large supplier of repro parts and they might be able to answer for sure if the "pins" that the clips snap onto are available....but I don't believe they are... Sorry :(

pop rivets work just fine to retain the clips. just be sure of their position, that how we did it in body shops years ago....ruggs

I have the studs from years ago and new ones for my stud welder, trust me they don't work well. Position is so hard to get.....thats why we did them with pop rivets........ruggs

10-4 on that.....

I have the studs from years ago and new ones for my stud welder, trust me they don't work well. Position is so hard to get.....thats why we did them with pop rivets........ruggs

The "angle to the dangle" is really important in a number of areas....:D;)

Latest posts

Back