50 5 window

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleymanjohn

Hello, I have a 50 5 window chev pu finally after many yrs. on the prowl going with a millatary 302 inline 6 built to the 9s t5 camaro trans with quick change rear or ford 9" . DOES ANYONE know of a chassis independent not a big time shop this is already out in cost (I know) also this truck is a kansas trk and so perfectly surface rusty I wish to go with the oiled look thats what it looks like to me. In desperant need of help on finish advise looking forward to hearing feed back

plans

sound like a good plan.

look on craigslist for stuff. l found a pro street chassis professionally built for 5K complete, minus motor & trans.

guy was heading for divorce and was selling it cheap.

pics [P

Later :cool:

Chassis info

If you are not going to drag race the truck I have a suggestion. Chassis Engineering makes (or used to) a kit to put a 74'-76' AMC Pacer front suspension under the stock chassis. You get independent suspension, disc brakes and power rack and pinion steering. The wheel bolt circle is 5 on 41/2 same as Ford so the 9" in the back will let you match wheels. We use mid 70's GM van and pickup steering columns (no key) with some universal joints and an intermediate shaft for steering. I know a Pacer seems kind of odd but it works great and front end parts are still available. Just a thought. Steve

Hello, I have a 50 5 window chev pu finally after many yrs. on the prowl going with a millatary 302 inline 6 built to the 9s t5 camaro trans with quick change rear or ford 9" . DOES ANYONE know of a chassis independent not a big time shop this is already out in cost (I know) also this truck is a kansas trk and so perfectly surface rusty I wish to go with the oiled look thats what it looks like to me. In desperant need of help on finish advise looking forward to hearing feed back
??????????????????

Latest posts

Back