I want this look!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Washburnin

On the link im about to post there is an awesome rat rod and i have no clue who it belongs to. I saw it in the May issue of Ol Skool Rods #51. It looks as if the wheels the white walls are mounted on are 10" and love the look of these whitewalls a bit balloned out. Just wondering what size tire "whitewall" if any will work and give me this desired look! Thanks everyone!

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/shuffdad/5808516736/

John

From that tiny picture, it looks like they took a tire too narrow for the rim and blew it out to fit. Kinda like the lowriders did in the 80's/90's.

Was debating on doing some H78-15s if they will mount to a 15x10 rim. Also hoping for that look does anyone know or think that would work? Thanks for all info!

John

I had some L-60 15's on 10" rims....

those fit Ok... don't think the H's will fit that wide rim though......

So its believed that is an 8" rim? So there is no other whitewall i can stretch to a 10" rim......disheartening. I hate to start fresh with a new wheel but its lookin bleek. Thanks for all the help. Also do you think those are 78's on an 8" rim or a smaller size? Thanks again all!

I have really been tire shopping all day and its compounded by my 6 lug chevy bolt pattern + 10" wide rim. Want a cool whitewall homemade or not just something fitting for my 35 dodge rat rod truck! Thanks again all!!!!!

Mike S. Thank you it was a slaughterhouse custom car called the slaughterhouse coupe! Ill post more pictures of it it looks like those are mounted on 10" wide rims!

I found some better pics. (Those tiny ones suck :D) If you put a gun to my head, I'd have to say the wheels are 8''.

No matter if they're 8'' or 10'', looks like a great way to bugger up a pair of tires. Mounting those things must be a nightmare, which makes me wonder if they have (gulp) tubes in 'em. [S :confused:

slaughter1.jpg

slaughter.jpg

I found some better pics. (Those tiny ones suck :D) If you put a gun to my head, I'd have to say the wheels are 8''.

No matter if they're 8'' or 10'', looks like a great way to bugger up a pair of tires. Mounting those things must be a nightmare, which makes me wonder if they have (gulp) tubes in 'em. [S :confused:

Don't like tubes? How would you deal with the Coker tires that are tube type?

"You got it John 10" wide on l78s talk to ya soon and shoot*us a pic!
> Subject: Roadster question?
> From: [email protected]
> Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 14:03:09 -0600
> To: [email protected]
>
> So i spied a car you guys had did in OL'Skool Rods, beatersville and love it and also had a question if you guys could be so gracious to answer. On the rear tires are those mounted on 10" wide rims? L78's? I love the look and have a 35 dodge im building and really wanna do the same to mine! Thanks guy for makin kick ass ridez!
>
> A fan!
>
> John Washburn"
>
>

Latest posts

Back