49 Chevy Truck/ s10 frame/ straight 6 HELP!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob49Rat

Getting ready to do a '49 Chevy truck with an s10 frame under it. Does anyone know if the original straight 6 will fit okay in the s10 frame ? I'm thinking it may be too long.

Anything will fit with a welder. [;) Post up some pics. Which size s10 frame - what's the WB?

Better yet, start a build thread with pictures.

Might wanna do an intro too so we can all say "hey".

118" wb. I haven't picked it up yet, probably tomorrow or some day this week. It was my dad's, he didn't have time for it so he gave it to my uncle who now doesn't have time for it. I work for a place now that does some restoration stuff. My boss has had/has/ built more rat rods than I can count.
It has the original frame and engine in it but, I want the ease of working on an s10. The straight 6 was running a while back so if I can make it fit I may keep it. Although the ease of just having the s10's 4.3 and doing a straight swap, or a small block maybe be easier.
The possibilities are endless. My boss built a '40 Dodge with a Toyota 2.2 in it that his dad drives now. So anything is possible.

Also meant to mention, I'm wondering how much of a drop I should do. I want it as low as possible, but still driveable without bags.

The I6 should fit because they came with them but you may have fab motor mounts to get the placement where you want it. Im putting a v8 in my 53 and I moved it way back to have radiator clearance.

Attachments

• 2012-03-16 19.20.58.jpg
    2012-03-16 19.20.58.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back