Estate sale, need some help IDing some cars and a bike

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtyrat

Got Fins?
Two cars, and a bike, can someone help ID these?
I am going to try to hit the sale thursday and see if I can't steal the black car body for cheap ?

Attachments

• 9877562.jpg
    9877562.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 9877565.jpg
    9877565.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 9877567.jpg
    9877567.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 9877568.jpg
    9877568.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 9877571.jpg
    9877571.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 9877639.jpg
    9877639.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 113
  • 9877640.jpg
    9877640.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 9877642.jpg
    9877642.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 9877643.jpg
    9877643.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 94
Not sure what the black car is but like the nameplate on the bike says, it's a Brit bike called a Matchless. Pretty unusual here in the States and parts are hard to get.

Beercan

...... That shoebox Ford has some interesting custom touches done to it as well.
Torchie.

That's what I was thinking.....wonder how old the custom work is :confused:

Will do, I'm going to try to call today and get some asking prices on some of the stuff so I'm not wasting my time going there...

You mean it's not an auction. :confused: I've heard a few others on here talk about estate sales where everything is set out and priced like a yard sale but around my neck of the woods an "estate sale" is always auction style where everyone has a chance to buy.............depending on the depth of your wallet of couse :p Sometimes you can get a deal though. As for being on the selling end I can't see one of these "yard sale" style estate sales bringing in nearly as much money as an auction.

They seam to be putting reserves on stuff a lot more then they used to. IMO that's fine as long as they announce that it has a reserve from day one and don't surprise you the day of the show with it.

Don't be suprized if they are asking big bucks for the cars and bikes. If they are paying some one to put on the sale most of those people do their homework real well as their comission is usually based on total value of sales.

Looks like that 33-34 Ford 5 window may be damaged on the passenger side quarter. If you look close at the pic you can't see the quarter window shape. Or maybe it is just my old eye. In any case those bring in the large dollar.

Still gives a guy hope that he may fall upon that great find that we see every one else seem to find:)
Torchie.

I'm waiting on a call back from the estate sale company on asking price on the two cars.
I don't want to waste my time if they think they have been gold plated or something...

Wow. At that price I can't say that I am surprised. Did he say anything about the condition of the 33-34 Ford 5 window? If they were at least as decent as they looked in the pics somebody got a deal.

Wow. At that price I can't say that I am surprised. Did he say anything about the condition of the 33-34 Ford 5 window? If they were at least as decent as they looked in the pics somebody got a deal.

Body, frame, (not sure about axles & suspension), and fenders...un-finished chop, overall rough condition...probably still worth $3,500...pretty sure I would have paid that for it if I had a chance...

We were there at about 8:15, we were about 22nd in line... No shot at any of the main things.

Yea, I think the 33/34 was worth it possibly, the 50 ford not so much in my opinion...
Bike was not sold when I left, still priced $3500...

I bought about $300 worth of tools for about $60, and we got a rain barrel for the house, as well as a shovel from 1945, the small fold up setup.

We were there at about 8:15, we were about 22nd in line... No shot at any of the main things.

Yea, I think the 33/34 was worth it possibly, the 50 ford not so much in my opinion...
Bike was not sold when I left, still priced $3500...

I bought about $300 worth of tools for about $60, and we got a rain barrel for the house, as well as a shovel from 1945, the small fold up setup.

I had another buddy call me who got there later,he said the bike sold...he also said that everything was pretty much picked over by the time he got there, but, after digging around for a couple hours, he still managed to find a 2x4 aluminum intake, a set of Hurst motor mounts, and an aluminum flywheel all for an early Olds Rocket motor...

Latest posts

Back