Not really sure on any piece of this

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.34dodge

So I've got some ideas on where some of this stuff is from, but mostly I just found it behind the shop in the yard and pieced it together. I don't know exactly what the grill shell is, (mid 30's ford looks similar). I have heard my axle called a "smiley A" and that it's Ford from the 20's but I'm not sure on that either. Lastly I have these 20 inch 6 hole spokes. They are around 4 inches wide. Someone said mid 20's Dodge racing. Any help would be appreciated!

As for most everything else I've got it covered. 61 imperial headlights, scout frame, 61 imperial 383. Cal custom valve covers. 61 Chrysler 300 short ram intake.

FB1HKAFHP6CRJV5.MEDIUM.jpg

FLCIK2VHPCWVG7W.MEDIUM.jpg

FQZURTWHPCWVG7V.MEDIUM.jpg

FLAJP5THPCWVG7K.MEDIUM.jpg

Definitely not a Ford grille might be Mopar. Axle might me a 40's Ford with stuff added to it. I doubt if Dodge raced anything in the 20's. Where is your front spring? It looks like there is no front "suspension" just mounted solid.

mr.34dodge.
I have some food for thought for you. A friend of mine has a '29 Chrysler and it has 6 hole wheels. He has a set of wooden spoke wheels and a set of wires for it, although I have not seen the wires. Yours may be Chrysler.
The first picture is of, what I think are '34 Dodge Brothers wire wheels with 5.25/5.50 17" tires. Full height is 29".
Your grille shell is not the same as mine [see pics], but close. The front lip is countersunk on mine and raised on yours, and about halfway down the shell is deeper front to back than mine. This leads me to guess that your grille shell may be a Dodge car or a Chrysler car of the same year,'34. There looks like a headlight has been bolted onto the side of your shell, now this throws me off as I thought that style didn't come in for a few more years. You'll also notice that the bottom of my grille is not as sharp pointed as yours, which makes me believe you have a Dodge or Chrysler car grille shell. If you do a search for aftermarket grilles you will see that cars have pointier grilles in '34 than trucks do.
Keep on tinkering.

Attachments

• IMG_1121.jpg
    IMG_1121.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1125.jpg
    IMG_1125.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1123.jpg
    IMG_1123.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1124.jpg
    IMG_1124.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1126.jpg
    IMG_1126.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 9
So I've got some ideas on where some of this stuff is from, but mostly I just found it behind the shop in the yard and pieced it together.]]]]]]

34.. I am impressed........ I wish I had started at your age .... I could have saved a whole lot of stupid up to this point ......... I will look for the
"driving it "" pictures in the near future
Oldog

Latest posts

Back