6 to 12 volt conversion

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

36Binder

So I'm tryin to get my truck figured out so I can get a wiring kit ordered.
1936 International C-1. Stock engine etc...

Right now my problem is my generator is putting out 20 volts, at an idle. Not sure if my generator is going bad or what. I put a test light on it once I got it running and the bulb got really bright, then quit working. My multimeter reads about 20 volts on the the wire coming out of the generator. What ever the wire goes into breaks the connection and nothing comes out of it. It is a flat piece of plastic looking stuff on the side of the generator.
I guess pics aren't working for me today. So you guys can guess what I got going on for now....

I stopped at the local electrical shop today. You know the one where the old guys are smoking cigarettes while you are talking to them at the counter. I was showing them the pictures and they said "bring it in and we'll figure it out". So a quick trip home and remove it from the truck and I also took them another one generator that was also in the truck when I got it. They said they should have something figured out by my next days.

So on to wiring harness thoughts
How many circuits are people using?
I'm guessing 8 circuits is enough, but what are you guys using?

Latest posts

Back