An electric Harley?!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, this is just another sure sign that the board of directors is clueless on what will sell. A beautiful little blonde sales woman lost a sale at New Smyrna HD when I was looking for one about 20 years ago. It was going to be my 50th birthday present to myself. Me and Junior walked into the showroom looking at what was available. I was really liking a couple of them enough to plunk down some money until she walked up going into her spiel about how Harley had made them smoother by putting rubber mounts on the motor. I spun on my heel and walked out the door. Junior told the little beauty that she might want to change her sales approach. Good God, don't they know it's the throb of the V-twin that sells it. Take away the sound and feel and Harley Davidson has nothing. I kicked my old Panhead to life and Junior got on his Shovelhead and we tooled away on real steel. I did wind up buying one but it was a used Fatboy a 99 with the solid mounted motor.

Guys, this is just another sure sign that the board of directors is clueless on what will sell. A beautiful little blonde sales woman lost a sale at New Smyrna HD when I was looking for one about 20 years ago. It was going to be my 50th birthday present to myself. Me and Junior walked into the showroom looking at what was available. I was really liking a couple of them enough to plunk down some money until she walked up going into her spiel about how Harley had made them smoother by putting rubber mounts on the motor. I spun on my heel and walked out the door. Junior told the little beauty that she might want to change her sales approach. Good God, don't they know it's the throb of the V-twin that sells it. Take away the sound and feel and Harley Davidson has nothing. I kicked my old Panhead to life and Junior got on his Shovelhead and we tooled away on real steel. I did wind up buying one but it was a used Fatboy a 99 with the solid mounted motor.

agreed....! but....
don`t underestimate the number of wannabebadassharleyriders out there...
Stick on tattoos for da weekend, padded undies and.... motormount rubbers... :D

Always figured, with my coordination and size, electric or not, I'd be dead within a few miles or minutes, whichever came first, if I got a Harley.

Sorry a bike without pipes is not going to get it done.:eek:
On my rescent road trips I counted five nice looking shiny H.D.s motoring down the road in a trailer:eek: There is your "wannabebadassharleyriders":cool:

I'm running an ad for my 39. Someone offered up a Sportster as a trade. After over half a century not being on a bike, I politely passed. Besides, they are too small for me.

Latest posts

Back