sellers regret, got any?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boltbreaker

Anyone sold a vehicle or project and REALLY regret it?
Here is mine:
I was GIVEN a complete 1924 Model TT a few years ago. It was a project and had not been run in about 20 years but it was about 95% complete. Right down to the cables and everything. Motor was not stuck and she rolled fine. Wood wheels where in great shape etc.
I wanted to build a rat rod so I removed all the sheet metal and sold the chassis:eek: I figured I didnt want to restore it so why would I keep what I wasn't using. It was the dumbest thing I ever did to let a restorable TT get parted out:mad:. Thank God I kept the body!!
Well I was at a show a few weeks ago and what is sitting in the swap area but a 1924 Model TT Chassis complete with a running drivetrain. I am real close to getting it and getting on common ground with the price.
If all goes well I will put the body on the new chassis and set it in the corner for a rainy day.
They say it takes a man to cut up a restored (or restorable) truck and Hot Rod it, but I dont believe it. My personal opinion of course.

lets see!:rolleyes: 53 chevy 2door, 53 ford truck and again 53 ford , 53 chevy truck 54 4 door chevy,64 olds,62 biscayne, 67 cutlass big block chevy in it,,78 chevy truck,, um i think i regret everyone i sold,, oh yea one more 50 plymouth business coupe, oh yeah 53 running chevy 2 door cdan for 800.00 ,, :eek:,,

I regret selling most of the cars and motorcycles I've sold over the years, but the two that I wish I would have kept to this day are my 67 Nova

Nova.jpg

and my 39 Plymouth....

Plyside.jpg

63 T-Bird, 390, Black with Red interior....stupid, stupid, stupid :(
86 T-Bird. sold it to neighbor's son, he wrecked it twice and totaled it within 2 months. :mad:
97 Mustang GT Aztec Gold, QUICK and FAST! :confused:
78 Yamaha RD 400, QUICK and FAST! :confused:

63 T-Bird, 390, Black with Red interior....stupid, stupid, stupid :(
86 T-Bird. sold it to neighbor's son, he wrecked it twice and totaled it within 2 months. :mad:
97 Mustang GT Aztec Gold, QUICK and FAST! :confused:
78 Yamaha RD 400, QUICK and FAST! :confused:
Heck Don..From the looks of your garage pics I thought you kept all your cars:D

76 Ford Bronco, Another 76 Ford Bronco, 79 stepside pu, 78 stepside pu, Some assorted Jeeps, and the biggest one 65 Ford Mustang factory HIPO "K" car convertible.

The thing is, I needed the money more than the cars when I sold them.

Only a couple, my 1966 Olds 442 4 speed car and my high school car, 1964 Olds Cutlass 2 dr hardtop with a 4 speed.
If I could remember the 2-300 I might have a couple more. Oh, Yeah, my first Shovelhead and the 1942 servi-car.

TT trucks....

You mean something like this one? I have thought about selling it or
modifying it for years, but can’t bring myself to do either. Yet. ;)
As far as regrets, selling my ’59 Austin Healey with small block Chevy
is really the only one.:(

kctao2.jpg

28654536pu4.jpg

TT trucks....

I have always wanted to modify my truck to a version of this old Mack, so
that I can haul the whole family and assorted goods... :D
I figured 2 rows of seats with a removable seat in the bed.
It was used to pick up passengers at the train station and take them to
a rather expensive resort back in the 20’s. Very cool truck, nicely restored.

Maybe someday.... meanwhile, it still sits waiting... :rolleyes:

mackvi4.jpg

p1010034qw2.jpg

I'd have to say the only ones I regret sellin is a 74 nova I did a complete body restore on back in 93. Plus it was fast as chit.That and my stock car.Nothin compares to buildin somethin that ya take out and beat the crap outta and it likes it.It just sucked fixin it all the time.

The one that got away...

I have built so many that I lost track ..a few I got rid of broke my heart..340 Duster..all original.1970 Chevelle rag top with a BBC...But the one that makes me really upset is a 1969 Camaro I found buried in a garage...It had been raced for several years and was in BAD SHAPE...paid 300.00.The kid who owned it before me went to GM and bought EVERY part from GM through there catalog..EVERY PART was new..front to back..top to bottom.. I took out 22 boxes filled with stuff.I spent 2 years putting it all back together and was just about ready for my final paint..( Had a 302dz but didnt match ,without the crossram intake.)My EX-Wife convinced me to sell it to move out of Detroit and buy a house..( I guess the last drive shooting by made her jumpy..motorcycle group lived across from us..women..such babies...) Well I did it and almost cried.I did see it several years later..painted WHITE with a GD paint roller..!!!!!!!!! And trashed...cops impounded it while doing a drug raid on a body shop where it was.I swore I WOULD never sell another car for a woman...EVER..again.

I sold my '31 A Slant Window Town Sedan about 25 years ago. It's the only one I ever finished completely. Sold it to a friend who begged to buy it. Three months later he doubled his money. I didn't miss the car, I missed getting what it was worth. My daughter totalled my '66 Nove SS, black on black. I miss that one. The reason I have 8 (going on 9) cars now, is because I won't sell anything again.

I know its nothin special but I had a 91 s10 reg cab short bed... First truck that I bought on my own by myself... It was my beater truck but d*mn I miss it... Was a nice lil project too...

You mean something like this one? I have thought about selling it or
modifying it for years, but can’t bring myself to do either. Yet. ;)

kctao2.jpg

DUDE... don't do it!!! That truck is totally awesome! Always wanted one but one never came my way... yet! What year is it?!?!?

Regrets!?

Regrets...
'64 Nova SS (RED)
'76 LUV 350HP 327/4-speed/side pipes (Good Times)
'78 Turbo Regal (Bronze/Gold two-tone)
'98 Linc Continental (Black - what else?!)

Latest posts

Back