Willys long cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a whole lot of progress on the ''Wild Willys'' as my grandson dubbed it.
It's hard to stay motivated to work on it when I have all this farming to do in the spring.
Hopefully I'll get caught up in the near future.

I did manage to trim a little weight by replacing the steel winch line with a synthetic one.

Attachments

• IMG-3678.jpg
    IMG-3678.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-3679.jpg
    IMG-3679.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 22
I love the synthetic winch ropes.
The steel cable is the first thing I replaced when I mounted the winch on my trailer.

looks good! I looked at a synth rope for my hand crank derrick winch on my trailer, the steel one I have stops right at the ramps. thanks for the advice.

It's hard to stay motivated to work on it when I have all this farming to do in the spring.

get a puppy! it wont give you any more free time but it will sure use up whatever you got left! :)

What's really cool is there's no coiling up like cable and if it ever breaks it doesn't snap back like a whip, it just lays down . You can put it back together by sliding one end inside the other.
Mines been on there for 9 or 10 years with no breakage or sign of deterioration.

More prom pics.

Different grand child, different prom, different ride !!

One of my grandsons and his squeeze took my old Dodge to their prom in Belen.

I just have to say I still love my old Dodge even if it does only get 6 to 7 miles per gallon.

Attachments

• IMG-3788.jpg
    IMG-3788.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-3795.jpg
    IMG-3795.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 22
  • WD DODGE '47-5.jpg
    WD DODGE '47-5.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 18
  • WD DODGE '47-6.jpg
    WD DODGE '47-6.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 18
Not a lot of progress on the old Willys.
Waiting on the machine shop so I can build the engine for it.

Just not a lot of time this time of year.

Willys progress...

Spent a little time on the dash lay out and paint after patching a few unwanted holes. I modified the original Willys Overland dash trim to use a modern set of Stewart Warner Wings gauges and a GPS speedometer.

Going to put the switches in a panel above the windshield.

Looks like what we did in my brides ride only no choke cable, added an extra power source and a different color.

I'm liking the flat desert sand paint color a lot. No shine to try to maintain and easy to touch up. I plan on doing some kind of two tone scheme to break it up a little.

Attachments

• IMG-3776.jpg
    IMG-3776.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-3775.jpg
    IMG-3775.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-3849.jpg
    IMG-3849.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-3856.jpg
    IMG-3856.jpg