New Project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice truck, I have always liked a stepside.

I agree. A coworker keeps telling me to get a fleet side box. I have always liked a step side and it's not a fleet side like everyone else has. Plus, the whole idea is to keep it cheap. I don't want to dump a bunch of money into it - at least not right now ;)
I bought an entire exhaust system from LMC for under $200.00. I'm hoping it's so quiet it will sound like a sewing machine and am in search of parts to swap it to disc brakes.

Scored a cross member from an '84 for $150.00 yesterday. Now comes the fun part.
Installed the exhaust and the exhaust manifold is leaking :rolleyes:
Ordering a gasket.

TPKVYaa.jpg

I finally got the sewer rat to a point where I felt it was mechanically sound enough to take it out for a drive yesterday and immediately discovered that the clutch is shot.
Oh, she's a beauty :p

Nmn4oeM.jpg

U7g2zCf.jpg

So, yesterday I figured out why it wasn't stopping as good as I thought it should after rebuilding the front brakes.

Rear shoes:

c4hwhgL.jpg

syLdade.jpg

RfgsxdS.jpg

After having a personal "reset" over the last 2 years, I'm finally in a new house and have some time & space to get some things done.
Over the last weekend I put a new bed in the sewer ratt.

XJbhBF4.jpg

XmAyvEt.jpg

Latest posts

Back