'34 Dodge Brothers, double build.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked on the motor today. Parts had to be cleaned and maybe painted and bolts had to be found. I threw in a Dodge Brothers emblem for your pleasure.

Attachments

• DB emblem.jpg
    DB emblem.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3042.jpg
    IMG_3042.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 18
You guys are going to be shocked to learn that I sat on a five gallon pail beside my new motor and imagineered some weird stuff. You've heard that Chrysler made their first V-8 as a Hemi, and then watered that Hemi down to lessen the weight, cost of production and width, after a few years. They called the watered down one the Polyspheric compression chamber. The first Poly's could be rebuilt back into Hemi's. The Polys evolved somewhat and became their own motor after a bit of time.
Well, my strange dream is to UN-water down this Poly motor and Re-Hemi it.
The first step is to get rid of the unsightly oil filler cap off the valve cover. [pic one and two].
If you guys get really bored looking at rows of valve springs all lined up most of the time then here' a picture for you; higgley-piggley valve springs. [pic three].

Attachments

• IMG_3043.jpg
    IMG_3043.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3045.jpg
    IMG_3045.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3044.jpg
    IMG_3044.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 14
This is a 270 Poly, that came out of a Lancer, with Hemi heads that a friend of mine built for this build I done.
As you know Mac, they called it a Super Red Ram.

attachment.php

Kenny, OI showed a reconstructed 'Poly into a Hemi', but the later Polys had evolved enough that they couldn't be easily changed back to a Hemi. My Poly [318] is almost the last of them so it has evolved too much. So I'm going to have to cheat like heck. The cat will be let out of the bag, slowly. Hopefully, all of my imagineering [and sleight of hand, and misdirection] won't go to waste.
Thank you guys for showing your interest.

Today I spent, finding, cleaning, priming and painting accessories. Here's a couple of pictures of the Poly compression chamber to show you how close it is to a Hemispheric compression chamber. Then I mounted the heads.

Attachments

• IMG_3046.jpg
    IMG_3046.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3047.jpg
    IMG_3047.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3048.jpg
    IMG_3048.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 21
Thank you gentlemen.
Old Stuff, parts are still findable, but not easily. Our Napa store doesn't have much for me but if I go almost to the other end of town to a privately owned auto parts store, they have some of the stuff on the shelf, for me. I also have a couple of old Polys out in a shed to rob the really hard to find parts from.

Latest posts

Back