Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't got my hood on yet either. Same as yours, it weighs a ton, and is big and long to boot. Got a bud that is going to help me with mine when I get ready for it, my Pa inLaw helped me set it off, but that was 5 years :eek: ago, and he's [nor am I] as strong as he used to be.

Can't wait to see your car in a solid color of primer. Then the details will really start to show up....

I haven't got my hood on yet either. Same as yours, it weighs a ton, and is big and long to boot. Got a bud that is going to help me with mine when I get ready for it, my Pa inLaw helped me set it off, but that was 5 years :eek: ago, and he's [nor am I] as strong as he used to be.

Can't wait to see your car in a solid color of primer. Then the details will really start to show up....

I hear you Bama.
Heavy and awkward too.
I’m working towards that goal. All this finding a frame BS has set me back. As well as losing most of last year on the wooden boat .
Oh well. The boat was my choice. No good deed goes unpunished.
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

I'm with Dutch! That's alot of work to go to waste!

I don't know what to say guy's.
He's been made aware of the fact that...
A. I'm not working on it anymore.
B. It needs to be moved.
He was up over the 4th and I never heard a word from him.
On to more important matters.
Saw the cardiologist today.
In his own words." From my perspective you are doing great.":)
We talked about many things and me being more active was one of them. And I'll be the first to admit that when I just sit around nothing good comes of it.
Or as John Prine used to sing.... 'Trapped up in your own chain of sorrows."
It's past time to get back onto a schedule and move forward on the Dodge and other things.
Got to take my own advice and keep on keeping on......
Torchie

With our medical situations, Torchie, it's good to have a wise balance between work and rest.[cl Based on your reports on UDS, you know when to take a break. These hurdles might make progress a little slower but it also makes a person more resourceful. As you've shown us many times.
When you love the process of custom (or hot rod) building there is no need to rush to the finish line. You'll just start another project.:D

Listen to Bob, Torchie, he gave us quite a bit of wisdom. I especially liked the part about, 'no use rushing to finish a project', because you'll just start another one. A lot of us on this forum are building things, because we have to build things, so why kill yourself building them faster.

Listen to Bob, Torchie, he gave us quite a bit of wisdom. I especially liked the part about, 'no use rushing to finish a project', because you'll just start another one. A lot of us on this forum are building things, because we have to build things, so why kill yourself building them faster.

Mac.
I always listen to bob, and you and all the others on this site.
I appreciate everyones comments.:D
The Dr I saw yesterday is my newish Cardiologist.(2nd visit). So we are still in the dating phase.:p
After 12 years of Torchie my old one moved out of state.:eek::D[ddd

Welded up the trim holes on the hood front and started in on peaking the hood.This is going to take some [;) [;) [;) [;) [;)
Going slow an easy. No point in screwing things up now.
Torchie

Attachments

• 0-2.jpg
    0-2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 0-3.jpg
    0-3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 0-4.jpg
    0-4.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 0-6.jpg
    0-6.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 0-7.jpg
    0-7.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 24
Finished up welding in the round rod this morning.[;) [;) [;) [;)
Gave it a quick coat of reinforced filler.
Subtle peak . I like it. Matches what I did around the tail light bukets and the licenses plate.
Torchie

Attachments

• 0-3.jpg
    0-3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 0-6.jpg
    0-6.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 0-8.jpg
    0-8.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 0-9.jpg
    0-9.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 0-10.jpg
    0-10.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 26
Finished up welding in the round rod this morning.[;) [;) [;) [;)
Gave it a quick coat of reinforced filler.
Subtle peak . I like it. Matches what I did around the tail light bukets and the licenses plate.
Torchie

I'm genuinely impressed with what you did here, and in the rear with this small diameter rod. I've seen some shaved hoods before where they just end up looking like a flat pancake. Your treatment here really creates a nice definition to the otherwise really large flat space, and this era of cars already have a lot of pretty flat areas. I'd say that's the main reason why I don't tend to care for that span of years, from about 49 to 54.

I'm genuinely impressed with what you did here, and in the rear with this small diameter rod. I've seen some shaved hoods before where they just end up looking like a flat pancake. Your treatment here really creates a nice definition to the otherwise really large flat space, and this era of cars already have a lot of pretty flat areas. I'd say that's the main reason why I don't tend to care for that span of years, from about 49 to 54.

Thanks Neto.
I agree that these Mopars need some definition or they can look like nothing more then a blob.....
On this one I've left the rain gutter and I am using the stock 49 Coronet trim to break things up.
The large hood area as well as the trunk/rear end needed a bit of detail added.
I'm still on the fence in regards to the door handles. They are on there for now......
At one point I had given serious thought to not molding in the rear fenders but I'm happy that I did. Got to have a few custom touches besides the Chop. Channel and section.:eek::D[cl:p[ddd
Torchie

Attachments

• 0-5.jpg
    0-5.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 10
Thanks Neto.
I agree that these Mopars need some definition or they can look like nothing more then a blob.....
On this one I've left the rain gutter and I am using the stock 49 Coronet trim to break things up.
The large hood area as well as the trunk/rear end needed a bit of detail added.
I'm still on the fence in regards to the door handles. They are on there for now......
At one point I had given serious thought to not molding in the rear fenders but I'm happy that I did. Got to have a few custom touches besides the Chop. Channel and section.:eek::D[cl:p[ddd
Torchie

Nothing turns me off of a car more than shaved door handles. I find it visually unappealing due to being too sleek for a lot of cars, but primarily the safety aspect of a first responder not being able to gain access to the passenger cabin in the event of a collision or other event is frustrating to me. My dad was a volunteer fire chief for many years with a jaws of life unit in their care.

On your car, I would argue that visually the door handles make it look more period correct and more attractive, plus a multitude of other benefits.

Latest posts

Back