Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Shop/Garage/Tool talk!

Shop/Garage/Tool talk! Discussion, Q&A about all things shop, garage & tool. Show us what ya got!!!

Old 07-28-2021, 05:35 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

If you were in a low humidity area, the old "swamp coolers" work pretty well. Used to be a thing to hang wet sheets in the windows, out in western Oklahoma, where my grandparents lived.

When we lived in the Amazon jungle we had a gas refrigerator for awhile, and I always thought about how the best deal would be to have an air conditioner that was powered by the heat from the metal roof. The hotter it got outside, the cooler it would make it inside.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:11 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

We have a canopy with a over head fan for our deck. A couple years ago I built a swamp cooler using a cheap styrofoam cooler. It worked pretty good considering the low cost. Cool things down a few degrees I bet. I need to build another one. Jim