need to stop a truck from cranking

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

26Troadster

i know this is ot, but i need a little help. my father inlaw has dementia,
and snuck off in his truck yesterday.
drove about 40 miles to the airport thinking he is
still working and was looking for his workers.
he asked a officer where they were and he took my fil
into his care till family could get there.
i know i had a 88 jimmy s15 that if i disconnected
the water temp sender the truck would not start.
i hope it can be this easy on his. his truck is a
08 gmc 4 wd v8. anything easy to stop it from cranking?
thanks in advance.

it has the ls style motor, which i know nothing about. is there a single wire to power the coil packs?

In the fuse box under the hood, there is a relay for the starter. Just remove it. It should be labeled as STRTR. There's also a large fuse for the starter, #62. Remove that as well.

The road map for the under hood fuse box is on the bottom of the lid, the correct ones are easy to find.

There's a bunch you could remove alternatively. Fuel pump will prevent it from starting as well but won't prevent it from cranking.

that may be the way i have to do it, i just don't want it to start. i'm too old school for my own good. i really hate to jack with his truck but i have no choice. thanks fellas.

26: I feel for you. My mom has Allzhiemers and when the time came for her to stop driving I disconnected the starter signal wire right at the starter. She would tell me she knew I "unfixed her car" and I had to fix it so she could go shopping before she starved to death.

We went through he same thing with my mother. She was very independent her whole life and didn't like being restricted at all.
I feel for ya.

Sorry this has to happen, 26.

Hopefully, when we get there, there will be someone with the good sense, and caring heart, to take away our dangerous toys. And not just for our sake.

my mother in law took his keys and hid them. he went to looking for them and she told him he laid them down somewhere. needless to say it has been hell on the hill the last few days. he is the type that if that truck doesn't crank (start) he will call in for a repair. we have our hands full but we want him at home. thanks everybody, it's just another part of life but a part i don't like. everybody be well and have a good weekend.

Latest posts

Back