1937 chevy truck 3/4 ton

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started to Z the front of the frame last night, 3 inch Z, I have most of it welded up and braced up

I made the drawing for the adapter plate for the chevy engine with the zf 5 speed manual trans

I'm going to transfer the drawing to wood to test fit the engine and trans

and then if that works out then transfer to metal

slowly working on the frame, I need to flip it to do some welding on the underside where the joint is at on the 2x3 square stock and then add in a some extra bracing on the weld spot

I have about 40 feet or so of 2x3 metal on this frame

I'm getting close to sticking the axle inside the frame rails
I have the axle tabs ready to be welded in

I got front suspension for my project, my uncle gave it to me for free

He gave me another 10 bolt 8.5 axle but I need to check the gears in it to make sure I can use it

My dad gave me a ford t5 with the 3.35 1st gear and .68 over drive and a brand new 11 inch clutch disc
The 10 bolt I have right now is a single leg 3.08

The zf 5 speed box isn't going to work out, it's to big and I don't want to heck up the cab floor making it fit

[/URL

I got the rear part of the frame welded in and braced

and then I worked on fitting the Lakewood bell housing
I ended up getting some .007 offset dowel pins and that put the
housing to within specs

and then I worked on the center bolt for the bell housing
I need to get new drill bits because the ones I have now are getting old
and drilling holes suck and take forever

and I upgraded the lights in my daily mk4 golf, the lights were so bad to the point I couldn't see the orange light inside of them, so I wanted to upgrade vs cleaning the lights

had to turn the frame around today, so I took a quick pic before the rain came

I started to mock up the motor into the frame, I need to swap the tail housing on the gearbox to the s-10 housing to move the shifter location to the forward location

and a picture of my toy, 84 mini mayfair rhd

Mini !!! Back in my British car fanatic days, I had dozens of them, mostly from the '60s. Oh, the stories I could tell ... ;)

a little side project, acura rdx injectors and adapters and wiring adapters that are going on the mini's Honda d16z6 motor
410 cc injectors @ 43psi vs the stock 240cc injectors, wont be maxing out the injectors anymore and when I get the retune, the motor should make more power

current power is 175hp at the flywheel and 145 at the ground

cool little beast that mini! Burning rubber in 3rd?? :D I love the clubman fronts :cool: I did a 3" chop on one of those many moons ago :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back