radio antenna

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldboy

Hello, way off topic, but maybe an audiophile can help.
Wifes 2004 camry. Rear glass was replaced, shop installed aftermarket window, now radio doesnt get reception. (This was 1 year ago, car now back on road). I added a schoeshe on window antenna, reception only slightly better.
Does anyone have any ideas as to a fool proof aftermarket antenna that will absolutly work well? Fender mount, shark fin? Dont care about cost for wifes car.
thanks

my wife has a camry and it doesn't have the best antenna to begin with, i would look into a fender mounted unit. you might can add a signal booster. i put a hd radio in ours and the hd side sux on the reception.

Those in or on the glass antennas are only good for strong signals, if you are a good piece from the station, reception will be crappy. I don't know how much room you have on the rear fender by the trunk lid, but if you have enough, I'd get one of those aftermarket power antennas.

Thanks for the replies,
I think a rear window from a different year or model was used. Looks nice, but when I pulled off the molding to see if the antenna was disconnected, it was but there's nowhere to connect it to the new piece of glass. car was off the road for about a year.( long story). so now too much time I can't call the company that installed the glass.
thanks I think I'm going to try to mount a through the steel fender type antenna. I don't know anything about signal boosters but I think I'm going to explore that a little bit too

Firebirds used a hidden antenna. There were two type regular and amplified.
Go here to see them:
http://www.ecklersfirebird.com/audio/antennas/hidden-antennas.html

75-10098.jpg

thank you,
I ordered the boosted firebird antenna just now. my wife asks for almost nothing so im glad to get her radio working properly. thanks for the tips.
Russ

Latest posts

Back