Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worst part of taking these little trips to wound care land is the fact that the follow up DRs appts. seem to go on forever.
Had another one today. All is going well.[cl :D
I did start to mess with the grill area.
The grill opening on the 50 Coronet must be different then the 49.
These parking light housings should line up directly under the head lights.
And the lower grill bar is past center by maybe 2-1/2 inches.
Just more work for Torchie.
The rumor is my one friend is coming over in the morning and we are seriously going after the S-10.:cool:
We will see who's definition of serious wins out.:eek: :p
Torchie.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 17
  • unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 19
The inner rockers and mounts look great. [cl[P

Thanks kenny.:)
Move a bunch of #@%& around today as well as started to strip the S-10 in earnest.
Box off. Doors off. Bumpers off.
Frame is in really good shape despite it's appearance.:cool::D[cl
Pulled the Dodge frame that came with the body over to the scrap pile as well. Bumpers and wheels will come off of it before being scraped.
And also moved the boat. Remember that one.:eek:
And a bonus...
The S-10 engine does roll over.:cool: :cool:
The current reasoning is that the OG distributor took a dump and they didn't know how to replace it as well as resetting all the computer stuff?????
Any thoughts on that from you S-10 people as I hear its a somewhat common issue.
That's it for today.
The weather is turning colder as we speak so the finish bottom coating my have to wait for a few days.
Keep on keeping on.

Attachments

• 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 16
I don’t know much about these Crank.
The guy that helps me has had a few as well as being a first rate parts guy.
He says that the factory distributors on these aren’t that good and has seen more then one of them crap out.
We will be doing more in-depth engine stuff at a later date. Pulling plugs. Bore camera and such .
Everything is so stuffed in this engine compartment it’s a real PITA.
Plus this thing had been worked on before. Only one bolt holding the bed on( which of course just spun) as well as some sketchy work on the fuel pump. Wire nuts on the electrical going to the pump. So who knows the real story.
Torchie

Very little forward progress.
Finishing up the last of the follow up Drs appts. as well as cold temps and snow.:eek:
I have been eyeballing the S-10 frame and it looks like I will have to remove the spare tire well in the Dodges trunk. The rear cross member/upper shock mounting cross member on the S-10 falls right where the well will be.
I took this into consideration which is why I didn't do the rear most mounts on the body yet.
Nothing else to report.
Thanks for stopping by.......
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 20
Spare tires are overrated anyway"....................unless you have a flat!

Is your 4.3 a throttle body injection, or port ? If it’s a throttle body, I think I have a distributor for it. Yours for the shipping if you want it.

We know you'll sort it out, good thing you didn't do the repairs to the trunk already :)
Hey, what's that white stuff, it's almost May :eek:

Yeah. It’s been a strange spring here. Starting to finally warm back up a bit today. ZZ
You would almost think I know what I’m doing. 😳
I didn’t finish the trunk floor or the very front body mounts for just this reason. ZZ.
That will happen after I do the first test fitting of the body in the frame.
I know from measuring that the rear end is 2-1/2 inches narrower then the Didge rear end as well.
I want to use the original Dodge wheels so with adapters that difference will be cut down to 1/2 an inch.
Torchie

Spare tires are overrated anyway"....................unless you have a flat!

Is your 4.3 a throttle body injection, or port ? If it’s a throttle body, I think I have a distributor for it. Yours for the shipping if you want it.

It’s a TBI Bama. Send me a message and we can figure things out.
Thank you!!!
Torchie

Finishing up the last of the leg/brace/stump Drs appts.
Got the new brace for the real leg today as well as finding out what happened to the stump that caused all the trauma. The receptacle was giving the end of my stump hickies. :eek: :p
The official medical term is vacuum blisters. The leg still had suction to hold it on but the stump was not fully seated. Learned something new.:eek:
Did some more measuring of both the frames and the spare tire well will have to go for sure.
The S 10 frame is 40" at the rear outside edge to outside edge. The Dodge is 43 at the same location. The well fits on the inside of the frame in it's stock configuration so the S 10 frame rail will hit it as well.
Supposed to rain all day tomorrow so I'll have to figure out some inside the shop work.
Torchie

Finishing up the last of the leg/brace/stump Drs appts.
Got the new brace for the real leg today as well as finding out what happened to the stump that caused all the trauma. The receptacle was giving the end of my stump hickies. :eek: :p
The official medical term is vacuum blisters. The leg still had suction to hold it on but the stump was not fully seated. Learned something new.:eek:
Did some more measuring of both the frames and the spare tire well will have to go for sure.
The S 10 frame is 40" at the rear outside edge to outside edge. The Dodge is 43 at the same location. The well fits on the inside of the frame in it's stock configuration so the S 10 frame rail will hit it as well.
Supposed to rain all day tomorrow so I'll have to figure out some inside the shop work.
Torchie

That spare tire/shock crossmember is one I haven't seen before on an S10. They used a few different styles. I have two S10's and they're both different from that. If it was just the crossmember, I would suggest to modify it. However since the rails sound like they're too narrow, I guess you have to do some cutting. [;)

It’s a TBI Bama. Send me a message and we can figure things out.
Thank you!!!
Torchie

I’ll send you a pm in a day or two and try to attach a pic. If I can’t attach it there, I’ll post it here on this thread. I’ve got to dig it out, it’s in storage, but I know where it’s at.

That spare tire/shock crossmember is one I haven't seen before on an S10. They used a few different styles. I have two S10's and they're both different from that. If it was just the crossmember, I would suggest to modify it. However since the rails sound like they're too narrow, I guess you have to do some cutting. [;)

My experience with S 10's is minimal, snopro.
I had a chassis and a cab with a V 8 in it about 12 years ago. I was going to build a rat rod with it.:eek::p
I had the same thought as you about modding the cross member. But the more I looked at things the less I wanted to do that. It is also the mounting point for the spare tire lift. Not that I will be using that.........

I’ll send you a pm in a day or two and try to attach a pic. If I can’t attach it there, I’ll post it here on this thread. I’ve got to dig it out, it’s in storage, but I know where it’s at.
No worries and no hurries Bama.
And thanks again.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back