Thursday at Gruber's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankensteiner's Ball

For 16 years the Frankensteiners has put on a Halloween car show. It is primarily a rat rod club, but this show is for everyone. They have outgrown two venues and have been at this one for some years now. Well over 1,000 cars show up. Lots of folks get in the spirit and decorate their cars and place candy out for the kiddies.
I just found this video of this year's show. It is long but you can get the feel in the first few minutes. If you like it, keep watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZuId96b_xU

They're coming...

Yesterday whilst walking the pooches I came upon this circle burned into the asphalt. Actually there were two spots a few feet apart. Doesn't show well in the pic but there is discoloration emanating from the circle. Could be from heat or a chemical substance. Now I'm not a conspiracy nut but there was no other answer to these burn marks but to conclude they were caused by alien spacecraft. Tiny creatures from outer space. Even our government admits to unexplained sightings.

I measured these curious indentations and found them to be the exact diameter of a tuna can.

So, last night at Gruber's, out of the dark, cold rainy night, in walks Dan P. All 6 foot 4, 400 pounds of him. Also known as "Tuna Can". A coincidence that cannot be ignored.
I beaconed him into a corner, away from the other guys and interrogated him for a good 20 minutes. Finally he broke down and admitted he is the Earth contact man for these space creatures.

They're out there... Now they're here.:eek:

Attachments

• phone 013.jpg
    phone 013.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 29
I have proof that Bob hasn't been sniffing too much hot asphalt, --- because if he had been, [like I have] he'd have come up with a completely different conspiracy theory. I applaud your tenacity Bob, taking on the biggest giant in the room and questioning him mercilessly until he's a blubbering mass. [cl[cl

Well, Tuna Can is keeping his little buddies at bay.
As a last gasp effort two of the tire fryers showed up tonight. Along with Brad's red custom. The tire fryers fried their tires and the custom behaved itself. Nice fall night in the low 50's.

Attachments

• last calll 001.jpg
    last calll 001.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 24
Been a long time for this thread. First, I'll let you know I can only post one pic at a time. Don't know why. Second, this isn't at Gruber's. It is at Bill's house. He is a friend and frequent attendee at Gruber's.
Let me tell you a bit about Bill. Until a few years ago he held the record for most saves in Division 1 hockey, as goalie for the University of Minnesota-Duluth. That was in the 60's. For the last two years he has battled prostate cancer, and has a cancerous tumor on his pancreas. That, along with a congenital problem with his pancreas to stomach connection. He is under excellent care at Mayo Clinic. He's undergone radiation, chemo and major surgery. But mainly Bill is insane for Willys automobiles.
This is the weekend of Back to the 50's. For over 30 years Bill has hosted a pre 50's party for Willys owners attending the 50's. Even though he suffering, the party must go on. The attached pic is about half the Willys there. I get to attend with my Fiat, but have to park separate, being an "outcast".
Healthwise, Bill is in a "wait and see" mode. I'm sure it weighs heavily on him. A nicer guy you would never meet.

Attachments

• IMG_2944.jpg
    IMG_2944.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 28
This was Back to the 50'd weekend. 10,000 1964 and older cars. I'm going to toot my own horn a bit. Six cars that I built were there.
I drove my Fiat. Tube frame, glass body, 377 sbc, 700r4 9" Ford rear.

Attachments

• bobs-fiat[1].jpg
    bobs-fiat[1].jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
The '28 Chrysler tub I built from a 4 door. 406 sbc, 350th, S-10 rear end.

Attachments

• IMG_2954.jpg
    IMG_2954.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 22
'28 Reo built out of a 4 door. 292 Chevy 6, 350th, 8" Ford rear.

Attachments

• IMG_2952.jpg
    IMG_2952.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 22
The '38 Dodge pick up showed up after being absent for a few years. A junkyard find. 327 sbc, 350th, 8" Ford rear.

Attachments

• IMG_2953.jpg
    IMG_2953.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back