My 40 Dodge Truck Build - Maybe a 41 LOL

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is doing well and moving forward on the projects. I'm 8 or so sessions into my PT and getting some decent movement. I did a light tricep workout today and spent some time in the garage.

I did have some rapid heart beat issues, went to the hospital and once again they couldn't find anything. I've been dealing with this for 30 years now. Goes away for couple years, then back, then gone again.....go figure.

I pressure tested the first header today...... it's a no go, the header leaks at the collector. I've got to go in thru the collector opening and weld the 4 star area's.

I'm going to have my boy take a stab at it. It looks like it would be easier to seal with some small diameter stick versus getting down their with the tig torch.

If we can't seal it I'll cut the collector off and reweld a new set of collectors... I'll have to get another set of those bullet stars as well.

With all the medical crap I've just gone thru....this ain't nuttin.

More to come in a few days or week...... going to go at it slowly :eek:)

It might be wise to find a doc that understands your rapid heartbeat situation.

Yes, light work in the garage can be considered PT.:D

I've come to like the sound of header leaks.[ddd

It might be wise to find a doc that understands your rapid heartbeat situation.

Yes, light work in the garage can be considered PT.:D

I've come to like the sound of header leaks.[ddd

Hey Bob....I'm going for a second opinion on the 27th. It's never steady....comes and goes and sometimes gone for years.

Yeah.... not doing anything heavy. Kid tried to get at that leak but no dice. I'm gona wack the collector off and start again with a new one. It's definitly because we didn't weld out far enough at that star area.

Keep you posted....on the headers and the ticker :)

Headers

Hey Guys,

Hope you are all doing well, enjoying summer and your projects.

Shoulder is doing better. Not that I've done much, but I can work on the bench with my hand between waist and chest level. No dice yet working at or chest / shoulder height. The other shoulder is a whole nother deal. Doc says he can't do anything with that one....it'll need a replacement. Overall aside from some other smaller issues I'm good.

After a few attemps to seal those collectors from the inside and outside I decided to whack off the collectors just past the welds and weld in a new set of collectors. We welded in a new star bullet and this time welding as far out on the star as possible and then continuing the up the groove between the primarys from the edge forward about 1/2" so the seal weld all around the collector will be continuous with no gaps. That's where the leaks were before at the area where the tubes met.

We'll (my son...he's doing all the tigging) will be welding the collectors on tonight. We'll throw an air test on them again and report back. I think we have it this time. I'm anxious to send them out for ceramic coating.

It felt good to get back on it. Can't go at it hard yet but I am getting my appetite back to get back at it.

Attachments

• KIMG0020(2).jpg
    KIMG0020(2).jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back