Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A woman awakes during the night to find that her husband is not in bed. She puts on her robe and goes downstairs to look for him. She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a hot cup of coffee in front of him. He appears to be in deep thought, just staring at the wall. She watches as he wipes a tear from his eye and takes a sip of his coffee.
'What's the matter, dear' she whispers as she steps into the room, 'Why are you down here at this time of night
The husband looks up from his coffee, 'It's the 20th Anniversary of the day we met.
She can't believe he has remembered and starts to tear up.
The husband continues, 'Do you remember 20 years ago when we started dating, I was 18 and you were only 16,' he says solemnly.
Once again, the wife is touched to tears. 'Yes, I do' she replies.
The husband pauses The words were not coming easily. 'Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car'
'Yes, I remember' said the wife, lowering herself into the chair beside him.
The husband continued. 'Do you remember when he shoved the shotgun in my face and said, "Either you marry my daughter or I will send you to prison for 20 years
'I remember that too' she replied softly.
He wiped another tear from his cheek and said "I would have gotten out today."

E-man, my how times, and prices have changed.

Bob when i discuss with anyone how life is harder now for poor people i point out that if you needed a couple gallons of gas to make it to payday in the '50's you could just scrounge up 50 cents from under couch cushions. I did it several times. You can't scrounge the $5 it takes today.

Bob when i discuss with anyone how life is harder now for poor people i point out that if you needed a couple gallons of gas to make it to payday in the '50's you could just scrounge up 50 cents from under couch cushions. I did it several times. You can't scrounge the $5 it takes today.

There`s a lot more to pay for these days... :rolleyes: whining about no money to spend, an empty fridge, a piece of month left when the money is gone, but wearing an $800,- I-phone like nothing else matters...I dunno [S

Devaluation is crazy but the things people think they need is nothing less imo

Too true...

Attachments

• 260543403_744375056958236_5323735187830525405_n.jpg
    260543403_744375056958236_5323735187830525405_n.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 25
I want to highlight what Dutch said.
"Devaluation is crazy but the things people think they need is nothing less imo"
If you use the dollar for your yardstick of value, you will get depressed and whine all of the way to your grave. Another angle to watch 'value' from is; it takes roughly the same amount of 'minutes of work' to buy a gallon of gas now as it did in the sixties. People whine about most things costing ten times as much now, but never think that they make ten times as much in wages; evening things out. Now, as Dutch says, we pi$$ away a lot more money on extras now than we used to.

I want to highlight what Dutch said.
"Devaluation is crazy but the things people think they need is nothing less imo"
If you use the dollar for your yardstick of value, you will get depressed and whine all of the way to your grave. Another angle to watch 'value' from is; it takes roughly the same amount of 'minutes of work' to buy a gallon of gas now as it did in the sixties. People whine about most things costing ten times as much now, but never think that they make ten times as much in wages; evening things out. Now, as Dutch says, we pi$$ away a lot more money on extras now than we used to.
People don't like to hear this, Mac. I know from personal experience. :D

You guys got me thinking. Here's some of my childhood possessions: A slingshot made from a tree branch and inner tube rubber. A raft made from dead fall logs. A cap pistol. A steel hoop and a "T" stick to push it around with. A 26" single speed bike. Bought in pieces. 25 feet of dynamite fuse. Monopoly. Playing cards. And a Daisy Red Rider BB gun.

Not a lot of money tied up there.

You guys got me thinking. Here's some of my childhood possessions: A slingshot made from a tree branch and inner tube rubber. A raft made from dead fall logs. A cap pistol. A steel hoop and a "T" stick to push it around with. A 26" single speed bike. Bought in pieces. 25 feet of dynamite fuse. Monopoly. Playing cards. And a Daisy Red Rider BB gun.

Not a lot of money tied up there.

Your tale reminded me of one of my adventures Bob! A kid around the block from where I grew up built what we used to call a "high bike". Simple enough to do but it amazed me at the time and it was for sale.... $5 and it could be mine. Went to my Pop to see if he'd give me the money to buy it...he pitched a fit,,,well not really, but he did tell me he wasn't spending his money on it. So I went into bottle collecting mode. Back then you got got 2 cents for a normal soda bottle and 5 cents on the bigger bottles for soda(prior to 2 liter days) for deposit. In 2 or 3 days, my Pop saw that bicycle leaned up against the house in the back and never said a word because he knew I went out and got my own money for it. Shortly after that, I got my picture in the little local newspaper on that High bike...had a little fame going in the neighborhood too!

Jack decided to go skiing with his buddy, Bob. So, they loaded up Jack's minivan and headed north.

After driving for a few hours, they got caught in a terrible blizzard. So they pulled into a nearby farm and asked the attractive lady who answered the door if they could spend the night.

'I realize it's terrible weather out there and I have this huge house all to myself, but I'm recently widowed,' she explained. 'I'm afraid the neighbors will talk if I let you stay in my house.'

'Don't worry,' Jack said. 'We'll be happy to sleep in the barn. And if the weather breaks, we'll be gone at first light.' The lady agreed, and the two men found their way to the barn and settled in for the night.

Come morning, the weather had cleared, and they got on their way. They enjoyed a great weekend of skiing.

But about nine months later, Jack got an unexpected letter from an attorney. It took him a few minutes to figure it out, but he finally determined that it was from the attorney of that attractive widow he had met on the ski weekend.

He dropped in on his friend Bob and asked, 'Bob, do you remember that good-looking widow from the farm we stayed at on our ski holiday up north about nine months ago?'

'Yes, I do.' Said Bob.

'Did you, er, happen to get up in the middle of the night, go up to the house and pay her a visit?'

'Well, um, yes' Bob said, a little embarrassed about being found out, 'I have to admit that I did.'

'And did you happen to give her my name instead of telling her your name?'

Bob's face turned beet red and he said, 'Yeah, look, I'm sorry, buddy. I'm afraid I did.' 'Why do you ask?'

'She just died and left me everything.'

Latest posts

Back