Deuce of Spades DVD

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to slide a drain pan of charcoal under the pan of my '60 Impala 348. Spent more on charcoal than a tune up. Young and dumb.

Smalls, I'm still waiting for one Christmas present. So there ya go.

Mac, I`m glad my Fordson & I don`t live in those temps... :D It will run at -10C but I`m certain it will tell me to go take a hike @ -20...
I won`t go anywhere if I can`t drag my wood stove with me @ -45 :D

The "Deuce" on the 31

The DVD arrived this am. Good thing too. My Grandson will get to see it with me...
attachment.php

Dutch, I'll watch this today. Please PM me with your mailing info and it'll be out of here soon.

I'll do a historical account of this area later today when I can sit down for a while. Not much to my little town but it survives when the others did not in this area.

Attachments

• 102_1251.jpg
    102_1251.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 44
Little town, little history!
Crow's Bluff, Hawkinsville, and St. Francis were three separate river towns located on the St. Johns river. These three river towns played a large part in the settling of the Paisley area. Some of the early settlers used these river landings when they immigrated to this area. These landings were also used as shipping points both in and out for both personal travel and supplies shipped into and out of the area. Early settlers mostly used the river, but as roads were built and railroads were built and autos were invented they became other ways of getting in and out.
Probably the first settlement was called Lightwood Landing. It was settled in 1854.
Ponceannah had it's beginnings in the 1850s. It lasted longer than most settlements making it into the 1930s.
Other towns Bayview, Acron, Lk Tracy, Kismet, Norristown, Brockton, Spring Creek, and Glenn Branch were all relatively short lived, most settled in the 1850s and gone by 1930. Paisley, named by the settlers who lived in the area for years is the only settlement left today. All of these settlements were within an area of only about 10 mile radius. Paisley, is not much today but it is still here. It sports the post office for this area, 2 gas station/mom and pop grocery stores, one bar, one restaurant, and our newest store, a Dollar General, which right away got the nickname of the Paisley Mini Mall..:D

I'll take a pic or two after while when I mail the DVD off to Dutch this afternoon. I would have had it out already but the forum was down for me all night and I didn't get the address till this am.

My opinion of the movie is mixed. I thought it might have more involving the build of the Deuce, but it really was more of a love story, although a good one. Well done and I liked it! There are twists that make it worth watching and I thought Faith did a good job!

Last edited:
Sorry about pix, camera failed after the post office pic. The Deuce of Spades DVD left out of Paisley today headed to the Netherlands. The last time this pass around went off, I believe it made about 8,000 miles. We're gonna pass that figure I suspect on it's next trip. Bob says it made it 1523 miles on it's trip to me. I did one of the Distance calculators to find out how far it will go to get to Dutch. 4551 miles to the Netherlands from here. When it gets to Dutch it will have 6074 miles on it. Hope ya'll all enjoy it. I didn't get an estimate on when it will arrive there. The Post master asks me how long would you like for it to take to get there. ?!?:confused: I told her as soon as possible...jeez...:D
attachment.php

Attachments

• 102_1252.jpg
    102_1252.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 36
I enjoyed your write up, small foot. Recently read a book about Florida's involvement in the Civil war, cattle sales to both sides, rustling, etc. Your area might have been involved in that.

Last time the DVD made it 13,042 miles. Looks like we've got that covered. Thanks for sending it half way around the globe. I hope you enjoy it, dutch.

Thanks guys! Bob, there were fights near here on the river. Lots of the settlers that came here were vets. There was a land grant deal going for Civil War vets along with vets from 1812 I think. They were granted so much land for a promise to homestead it and build in a certain amount of time and the land was granted to them. It was a pretty good deal to those that had the grit to beat this place.

Thanks Eman! I call my grandboy Eman, his name is Ethan. He dismantled this old honda 3 wheeler today. 13 and he's got the itch... Don't know what it'll look like but I'll help him succeed in making something that will run.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 102_1254.jpg
    102_1254.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Back