28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Takes a real artist / metal worker to form that sheetmetal like that Dozer.
That's a real skill you have there.

My boy has a english wheel and a stationary plenishing hammer....that stuff requires more skill and patience than I have.

pretty amazing! [cl

Seeing that look on any block just makes ya smile don't it? [cl

That's great [cl
[P[P[P

I agree

Takes a real artist / metal worker to form that sheetmetal like that Dozer.
That's a real skill you have there.

My boy has a english wheel and a stationary plenishing hammer....that stuff requires more skill and patience than I have.

Thanks Couper, There is a youtube Channel out of Vancouver BC Make IT Kustom Watch a few of his videos and how he teaches and he may change your mind.

I agree

Thanks Couper, There is a youtube Channel out of Vancouver BC Make IT Kustom Watch a few of his videos and how he teaches and he may change your mind.

I agree with Dozer. This guy has one of the better channels out there.I also like to watch "Halfass kustoms". Another of our Canadian brothers.
And just in case you want to feel real inferior I watch a channel called "pro metal shapers" out of the states.Yet another metal magician.
Dozer......
That engine looks just fine.:cool:
Glad to see you at it.
Torchie

I agree with Dozer. This guy has one of the better channels out there.I also like to watch "Halfass kustoms". Another of our Canadian brothers.
And just in case you want to feel real inferior I watch a channel called "pro metal shapers" out of the states.Yet another metal magician.
Dozer......
That engine looks just fine.:cool:
Glad to see you at it.
Torchie

Some how I missed your post Torchie, Thank you, Yes Wray Schelien at Pro Shapers is a magician with metal.

Two weeks and a ton of work and the Hemi is ready for install. A friend and fellow car club member texted me and asked if I wanted another Hemi, seems his 2007 Ram started making some noise so he purchased a new to him complete engine and gave me the old one. Still have to determine what's wrong with it. But the 07 has updated valve covers and coils that I can run on my 05 and would have been an $1100. upgrade if I bought the parts, and the intake manifold may be a better fit as well.
Next is installing the Vintage Air A/C seems I can't read a tape measure now I have to fit a size 14 foot in a size 7 shoe. [S

Video https://youtu.be/k_KAqy9rmsY

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Hemi back together 002.jpg
    Resize of Hemi back together 002.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Resize of Hemi back together 003.jpg
    Resize of Hemi back together 003.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Resize of Hemi back together 004.jpg
    Resize of Hemi back together 004.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 51
Squirrel! ........... I love the wood spoke wheel hanging on your wall.... :cool:

The size 14 foot in to the size 7 shoe- just pictured you in the garage with with surgeon clothes, gloves, mask, with your hand out saying, "Hammer!" :D

[P[P[P

Squirrel! ........... I love the wood spoke wheel hanging on your wall.... :cool:

The size 14 foot in to the size 7 shoe- just pictured you in the garage with with surgeon clothes, gloves, mask, with your hand out saying, "Hammer!" :D

[P[P[P

LOL, you forgot the other tool a very large Swear Jar. :D

The Build That Never Ends

I would imagine you guys are getting sick of this going on five year build. :(

I am still working on the A/C install what a pain in the A$%. There are never enough fittings. Even after spending an additional $380. I still ne ed a couple more. But the end is in site and then I can do the final install on the engine and trans, and maybe ready for a drive when the weather warms up in 3-4 weeks..

With using the electronic gas pedal with n RH 46 non computerized trans I had to come up with a way to run the kickdown/throttle valve on the trans. I was smart enough to measure the stroke needed at the carb on the 440 before it went to it's new home. Then using some imagineering I built a bellcrank assembly with a nylon follower to transfer the movement of the gas pedal to the trans cable.[S

I'm using Vintage Air for my A/C and honestly not real impressed with there quality of fit and finish. Their targeted customer is the custom, Hot Rod guy and most of them hold a pretty high standard to there cars, something really lacking in their product. It is going to work hopefully as good as they say.

Video https://youtu.be/m-8eIJSdSFI

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of More AC woes 001.jpg
    Resize of More AC woes 001.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Resize of More AC woes 002.jpg
    Resize of More AC woes 002.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Resize of More AC woes 003.jpg
    Resize of More AC woes 003.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Resize of More AC woes 004.jpg
    Resize of More AC woes 004.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Resize of More AC woes 005.jpg
    Resize of More AC woes 005.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 35
  • Resize of More AC woes 007.jpg
    Resize of More AC woes 007.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 36
Dozer, you keep your head down and ar$e up and keep working. We'll tell you when we're getting tired of watching you figure out solutions and then make parts.

Keep up the good work. I like that car.

Latest posts

Back