28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DozerII

I have been looking and collecting for a while for my next build, but nothing really tickled the creative funny bone "so to Speak" The opportunity came up to buy this pair of all metal cars and the imagination went into full gear. That's the only gear the wife will allow for now, at least they are home:rolleyes:.

Here's what I dragged home.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of 1928Fastfour 001.jpg
    Resize of 1928Fastfour 001.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 932
  • Resize of 1928Fastfour 002.jpg
    Resize of 1928Fastfour 002.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 925
  • Resize of 1928Fastfour 003.jpg
    Resize of 1928Fastfour 003.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 917
  • Resize of 1928Fastfour 004.jpg
    Resize of 1928Fastfour 004.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 915
  • Resize of 1928Fastfour 005.jpg
    Resize of 1928Fastfour 005.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 74
Twin Dodge Brothers? Do you have the hoods and grilles for these animals?

Just once, I'd like to see "somebody" keep their fenders and hoods, especially when they have them in decent condition...

attachment.php

Attachments

• ccrod.JPG
    ccrod.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 895
That's some beautifully seasoned tin !![cl[cl
Since you have 2 of them, why not get "creative" with the rough one -- I have a penchant for making 2 doors from 4 doors, lengthen the front doors with a section from the rears, shorten the quarters a tad and sew up the rear door hole - oh, and a haircut of 4" or so. I think fenders are kool too..:cool:
The pic Doc put up shows much more severe slicing but for me its a bit over the top, looks a bit goofy with rear wheels so far back IMO...

Wow! Nice lookin' tin. Have you identified them?

1928 Dodge Victory Six Sedan nick named the Fast Four

Twin Dodge Brothers? Do you have the hoods and grilles for these animals?

Just once, I'd like to see "somebody" keep their fenders and hoods, especially when they have them in decent condition...

attachment.php

I have a Hood but no grills, you read my mind I was thinking along the same lines :D

Very good score!! I like the full fender idea!

Thanks

The wheelbase and the polished metal make this one pop.

Beauty!

That it is

That's some beautifully seasoned tin !![cl[cl
Since you have 2 of them, why not get "creative" with the rough one -- I have a penchant for making 2 doors from 4 doors, lengthen the front doors with a section from the rears, shorten the quarters a tad and sew up the rear door hole - oh, and a haircut of 4" or so. I think fenders are kool too..:cool:
The pic Doc put up shows much more severe slicing but for me its a bit over the top, looks a bit goofy with rear wheels so far back IMO...

Exactly the plan that was forming in my head. The chop I'm not to worried about, making two doors instead of more doors I think I can handle, shortening the rear quarters I'm not sure I understand let alone execute.[;)

Exactly the plan that was forming in my head. The chop I'm not to worried about, making two doors instead of more doors I think I can handle, shortening the rear quarters I'm not sure I understand let alone execute.[;)[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking to take out a couple inches to make up for lost metal from all the vertical slicing and splicing - cut the roof skin and door sills and pull it together.

Attachments

• Resize of 1928Fastfour 001 (2).jpg zz.jpg z.jpg
    Resize of 1928Fastfour 001 (2).jpg zz.jpg z.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 65
Exactly the plan that was forming in my head. The chop I'm not to worried about, making two doors instead of more doors I think I can handle, shortening the rear quarters I'm not sure I understand let alone execute.[;)

I was just thinking to take out a couple inches to make up for lost metal from all the vertical slicing and splicing - cut the roof skin and door sills and pull it together.[/QUOTE]

Okay so that I understand, So I was thinking adding about six inches in the front doors, I hadn't considered making the rear window one, that looks really cool.
I'm also thinking the rear fenders need to move up about four inches.

So am I right in thinking I should get these body changes all made then build my frame to suit, Should i start with the Dodge frame and modify or build all new? [S[S

I was just thinking to take out a couple inches to make up for lost metal from all the vertical slicing and splicing - cut the roof skin and door sills and pull it together.[/QUOTE]

ZZ has struck again. :D

You got that right :D

Frame:
If the original frame is as wimpy as the one in my brother's 40 Dodge PU, I think a new frame is in order. Besides being nearly a century old, it was never intended for serious power.

Besides, I like watching people build frames. :D

Frame:
If the original frame is as wimpy as the one in my brother's 40 Dodge PU, I think a new frame is in order. Besides being nearly a century old, it was never intended for serious power.

Besides, I like watching people build frames. :D

This frame looks pretty good just not sure how mush of it will be usable with the body changes, it may be easier to start new.

A friend has a rodded 23 Dodge Touring, He used a mid 50's chevy pickup axle, 5 bolt disc brake conversion and 50's buick wire wheels all around.
http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2009/03...5-year-old-dodge-brothers-car-in-top-shape-2/

I'm not sure on the axle I'm going to use , the only thing I know for sure is I'm going to bag it front and rear like the Essex and use the CenPen style front cross member it really works well

I have a bit of a problem, :mad: I can't find a Vin number on either car and I'm not going through the SGI BS again.:eek:

Check out the title topic down the list a ways. It has a lot of good information. I don't remember if Canada is mentioned, though.

My '51 Plymouth doesn't have a VIN on it either, nor does my 39 Ford. Both brands were registered by engine number back in the day. Likely the same deal with yours. Research and look for serial number location on the frame, also. In most U.S. states, the DMV will sometimes run with that. Almost any stamped-on-the-car number and a bill of sale can work. On a good day.

The current lesson that I am learning, the hard way, is to get this sorted out before you start spending money on it. Take the car(s), and all the paperwork you have to the DMV (or whatever your state calls it) and tell them you need to get it titled before you spend $20k or more restoring it. They will likely balk, but if you are polite and insistent, you will prevail. Hopefully...

Best of luck.

Here in Manitoba we have a "Special Construction" category where they inspect the car and the paperwork and then give you a serial number to register the car by. This is used for all homebuilt cars. Does Saskatchewan not have a similar law?

Check out the title topic down the list a ways. It has a lot of good information. I don't remember if Canada is mentioned, though.

My '51 Plymouth doesn't have a VIN on it either, nor does my 39 Ford. Both brands were registered by engine number back in the day. Likely the same deal with yours. Research and look for serial number location on the frame, also. In most U.S. states, the DMV will sometimes run with that. Almost any stamped-on-the-car number and a bill of sale can work. On a good day.

The current lesson that I am learning, the hard way, is to get this sorted out before you start spending money on it. Take the car(s), and all the paperwork you have to the DMV (or whatever your state calls it) and tell them you need to get it titled before you spend $20k or more restoring it. They will likely balk, but if you are polite and insistent, you will prevail. Hopefully...

Best of luck.

I agree 100% not going through that again, both cars have a number stamped in the firewall not sure if I can use that but it's the only one on either.

Really nice job he did on it, it's a little too far gone for me:D

Latest posts

Back