Interesting morning

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallfoot

He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!
An interesting thing happened this morning I'd like to share. To be honest, I didn't know whether to run for the camera or run for the fishing rod. I knew time was fleeting so I grabbed my cheap cell phone and took these shots. The pix aren't great but I hope you enjoy the series. I'm leaning against the rail on the balcony watching the morning wake up. One of my first things to do in the morning is go out there, cup of coffee in hand and see what's moving on the water. I have a small cove off a bigger lake that is totally on my property and from up there I have a pretty good view but I keep the woods tight around me. I'm standing there, sometimes seeing fish bust the top, listening to the turkeys talking, owls hooting, there's a couple of mammoth donkeys that live across the main lake about a mile away that get to going regularly. Love this place! Anyhoo, I'm enjoying the morning and I hear movement in the water that I couldn't see for the trees, but making enough noise to be something large. Thru the trees, I get a sight of this doe, swimming in the cove. Now I've seen deer swim before but this is a first here. I'm grabbing the cell, the doe makes it out across open water in front of me. I kept taking shots as she swam right across in front of me until she went out of sight at the back of the cove and I turned my cell cam off. About that time she changes direction, and swims out across the middle and all the way across from me before disappearing out of sight again. I took more shots of that. I don't know if they'll turn out alright or not but the magnifying feature may work. Here goes nuttin...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0312.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 65
Yeah, she doesn't show up very well. Little flip phone doesn't take great pix. The only thing of her out of the water is her head. !st pic she's in front of the small stick weed patch out in the water, 2nd pic her head is in open water in front of both those small stick weed patches...the rest of them, the only thing that let's you know she's there is her wake. The last pic shows her out a ways to the left of the small island and going thru a patch of lilly pads.

You got it Dutch. The rest of them, without expanding the pix, you can make out a wake only. The last pic she's out about half way across the cove going the other direction. You can see the wake she's leaving and the dark spot in the lilly pads is her head. I was surprised by the speed she was making knowing the feet God gave deer aren't exactly the best options for swimming. The total distance she made without leaving the water has to be atleast 300 yards.

Sorry the pic is so small There are 10 does.

I clicked on your pic a couple times to enlarge it and I see them at the tree line.

I scatter feed for squirrels, crows and jays. Three yearling deer come within a few feet of the window I sit by and nibble away.

I got thousands of deer pix, don't get me started...:D

I did the same thing Bob did. You click to expand shots. I see them too! I have several game cams around here working. I just dumped a weeks photos into files. One cam took 3,118 pix....it takes pix where I park so most of them are people coming and going in the front gate at the house...mostly me and the mutt. I did get a shot of a doe that wandered up and checked out the 31.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF0815.jpg
    DSCF0815.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF0816.jpg
    DSCF0816.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF0817.jpg
    DSCF0817.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF0819.jpg
    DSCF0819.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF0820.jpg
    DSCF0820.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 33
eating fallen plum next to my house :)

Bet she lives right close by Dutch. I have several that hang pretty close because they don't get messed with by me. I shot my last deer in 1995. I just quit when I started living amongst them. Would be like walking out in your front yard and killing your dog to me.

Latest posts

Back