Headlights

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z.Z.Rat

Good Evening. Nearing the time to think about ordering headlights for the 39'. Window shopping on the net for headlights with built in turn's & finding that there seems to be a HUGE difference in $$$ on this style of light. Maybe I'm missing something during the search ?

Thought the some of you could "shed some light" (couldn't help it) & help me understand the price difference or steer me in the right direction on a quality light . Using the 7" buckets original to the 39' Ford truck.

Thanks in Advance !

I run the United Pacific lights at the link below in my 46 GMC. I had to cut out the back of the headlight bucket slightly to make room for the back of the signal light. 35,000+ km's later, they're great. The LED's can be used for both park lights and signal lights.

The lenses are glass and very durable.

If you have a United Pacific dealer near you, you may be able to get them locally.

https://www.jegs.com/i/United-Pacific/953/S2010LED/10002/-1

ZRat, I found a pair of signal light kits at Juliano's, that fit on '35-'36 Ford car light buckets. They also fit on '28-'29 Model A buckets. I don't know about '39s, though. They are complete with LEDs, clear glass lenses and a $70. price tag.

Attachments

• IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 19
Do you have the original reflectors and lenses? If they are in good shape, a low cost way is to mount halogen bulbs in the original reflectors and drill holes lower down to snap in a socket for an amber signal like an 1157 size. I've done this a few times, if you use the style of bulbs that use a metal clip, I've soldered on a bracket to retain the clip. No offense to guys using those modern headlights, but I think they're ugly, they just look out of place to me. I know they work great and all that but I resist using them :cool: Imagine what kind of comments you'd get on the H**MB if you put them on a traditional rod :eek:

Do you have the original reflectors and lenses? If they are in good shape, a low cost way is to mount halogen bulbs in the original reflectors and drill holes lower down to snap in a socket for an amber signal like an 1157 size. I've done this a few times, if you use the style of bulbs that use a metal clip, I've soldered on a bracket to retain the clip. No offense to guys using those modern headlights, but I think they're ugly, they just look out of place to me. I know they work great and all that but I resist using them :cool: Imagine what kind of comments you'd get on the H**MB if you put them on a traditional rod :eek:

If we only made decisions based on the outlooks on that forum, we'd be in big trouble. [ddd[ddd[ddd

Latest posts

Back