Hot Rods to St Helens

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

59imp

this past summer the Billetproof crew sponsered a cruise up to Mt. Saint Helens right before the Billetproof Drags. i drove the Impala down the 350 or so miles the night before, only to wake up to heavy fog and rain. only a handful of cars showed up but we all decided to take the drive up and see if it was clear up top.

early Sat morning

DSC04302.jpg

the 40 ford was really nice

DSC04304.jpg

DSC04307.jpg

DSC04309.jpg

DSC04306.jpg

we got to the top and it was no better

DSC04313.jpg

the fellow in this truck was a tough cookie no fenders or wipers, and uncorked his pipes before he left.

DSC04315.jpg

very nice deuce

DSC04316.jpg

DSC04317.jpg

this 57 came from an estate sale, was all original, even the belts and hoses, paint, interior, was a one owner, spinster school-marm driven car.

DSC04318.jpg

DSC04319.jpg

lil' rain never bothered me.....

DSC04321.jpg

well i was a little dissapointed to drive all that way and not see the volcano, so after the races on sunday i drove back up by myself to get a look around, and it was worth the drive, let me tell you.......

DSC04542.jpg

DSC04560.jpg

DSC04562.jpg

even after 25 years it's really amazing to see the devastation that's left.....

DSC04569.jpg

DSC04583.jpg

the far ridge past my car is 11 miles from the volcano, and you can still see trees that were knocked down by the blast

DSC04603.jpg

DSC04610.jpg

DSC04615.jpg

if you want a cool road trip on a terriffic highway, go to St. Helens

Man my first car was a 59 my dad put
together for me when i got my D, L .
this one sure brings back great memories
he and i had workin on it i,m gonna get
another one of these days. Its a good lookin ride.

Attachments

• DSC04603.jpg
    DSC04603.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 8
59 I used to have a 60 with the same wheels you're running. People used to tell me it looked like the batmobile. Looks good, I also like the 4? pickup, I've got one like that now. Thanks for sharing good story great pics.

that picture of the mountain in the rear veiw mirror is cool, that woul dmake a great screen saver, If i did not love my screen saver so much i would use that one.

Pablo

Latest posts

Back