Hemi Pics From Our Garage

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need a drool smiley. :p There, just imagine it with slobber gushing out of the mouth.

Gass, that thing is a beauty.

Here you are Ark
451797-1.gif

We took it all back apart to stuff some the internals in.

Dropped the crankshaft in.....

Tomorrow we'll install the rings on the pistons and then install the pistons and rods. The Ross Racing blower pistons are really nice.

We got some nice rocker stands to replace the stockers. They install easy.

And then there are these! This worked out well for both me and my dad because I bought his finished iron heads off of him. He put the money toward these aluminum heads and I won't need to have all the machine work completed on the heads that I'm going to use on my next project. My dad is still a little kid when it comes to engine goodies. I try to keep him under control but who am I to tell him what to do.

i really like your attention to the details Gastrick. that's why i always look forward to your posts, and more so, that's why your Dad's, brother's and your cars are so nice. details, details, details. rat rods are cool, but i think if more people spent the time to plan and execute their projects, they'd have safer more reliable cars, and we'd all be a lot better off. i like rust as much as the next guy, but i'd NEVER drive an unsafe car just to meet a deadline or take a shortcut. there's no excuse for it.

keep up the great work and posts

Gastrick,
I love old hemis and the way they sound so, I run a 392 in my 34 Dodge.
I shouldn't have looked at those pictures...My engine is crying to get a set of those heads now!
FrankR
1934 Doige 392 Hemi

Gastrick,
I love old hemis and the way they sound so, I run a 392 in my 34 Dodge.
I shouldn't have looked at those pictures...My engine is crying to get a set of those heads now!
FrankR
1934 Doige 392 Hemi

Yes frankr, those heads sure are pretty and super light compared to iron hemi heads. The weight difference is unreal. The spark plug tube seals are a nice addition also. I like the early hemi's too:D. I have a 392 in my coupe and I'm putting a 392 in the sedan that I'll be building soon.

I bet your Dad was excited when those heads showed up..........really nice looking. His Willys is going to be a rocketship when done. [cl[cl[cl

Don

Latest posts

Back