my 31 essex

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1931s/x

at_the_park_2.jpg

at_the_park.jpg

Welcome!

S/X,
That is a sweet ride!!! Love to see some more fotos & hear a little if u're history with the car! Welcome to the forum... glad u could make it!!!

BoB

I bet it is a hoot to drive that around. Like I said before, my brother built one, but it wasn't like that. Yours looks so complete. I like it.

i didnt restore it, its an older paint job and interior redo. the rest is pretty much original. sat since the 70s in a container. i had the clutch relined, new tires, and a few other things. when i bought it the engine was in boxes and every bolt to every part the guy removed, broke. he couldnt get it to start so he decided what the hell, take it apart. and there it sat for about 2 years. thats the history as afar as i know although i like to play dumb about the make and model and tell the cruise night guys my grandpa gave it to me. i figured it was a good canidate for an engine swap, mild hot rod project, but i got it running and have been driving it having fun. its definitely fun but im not a fan of the mechanical brakes, wood wheels, 5.40 gears, lack of power and its appetite for gas and oil. id like to be able to drive it longer distances and at highway speeds. you can get it up to speed but it revs so high with those gears it wont last long like that, especially being a splasher. and if you get in a bind and need to stop, the brakes are too predictable, i dont feel safe with my wife and my own lives relying on them. i have thought of so many engine swaps, anything from late model 4 bangers to mopar big blocks. but keep going back the rover v-8. with that goes better brakes and complete drivetrain swap. no plans for a chop or channel. maybe remove the bumpers, have the lights and grill replated, make a new set of running boards thats about it for the body. paint looks good enough for me, far from perfect but shines decent and is one color.

Latest posts

Back