53 Ford RattleCan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RattleCan

As promised, here's some pics of the 53 Ford Ranch Wagon. I am keeping it all original config's (as well as the rust holes, cracked glass, crappy paint job.. well, I might take the rattlecan to it again :rolleyes: ). I also have some hop-up's lined up that are period to the Era to keep it way old school.

I also added a pic of a sketch I did for a graphic I might have done for some location on the vehicle. Doors maybe? Hood? ..dunno yet. Just an idea I put to paper and pencil. Oh yeah, that's my ugly self there in that pic with the RattleWagon. :D

Attachments

• rat1.jpg
    rat1.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 88
  • rat2.jpg
    rat2.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 84
  • rat3.jpg
    rat3.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 80
  • rat4.jpg
    rat4.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 77
  • rat5.jpg
    rat5.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 70
I actually am feeling the same way about the art, the car has enuf charactor that it doesn't need the embelishment, lol. Might just have it put to a poster board to display next to the car at shows and cruise nights.

Thanks for the comments and I agree with everyone that it's got all the charactor it needs as is. That graphic is better suited for a Gasser if it were to go on any body panel.
More pics and specs to come soon..

regards,
RC

Engine bay and interior pics.

Had the good fortune of sunshine on a day off work to shoot some more pics.

Motor is the original 101 h.p., 215 c.i. Inline Six. Manual transmission with 3 on-the-tree and semi-auto Overdrive gear. Oil bath air cleaner, glass bowl carb, glass case fuel pump, original 6V electrical system.

Work I've done to the car:

New Battery, repaired/patched wiring.
New plug wires, cap and coil.
Installed a new old stock Factory remanufactured distributor.
Replaced points with Pertronix Electronic Ignition.
Rebuilt the carbuerator and replaced carb to pump fuel line.
Installed a new old stock Factory remanufactured fuel pump.
Had the gas tank boiled and sealed.
Cleared out and pressure tested the tank to pump fuel line.
Replaced stock 4-fin metal fan with an aluminum 8-fin.
Gutted the Oil-Bath air cleaner and inserted a standard element filter.
Got a set of original steel wheels from the Long Beach Swap Meet for $40.
Had them sandblasted, and then rattlecan primed and painted them.
Found the Dogdish caps, trim rings and new rubber on Ebay.
Body and paint; Top half was white, bottom half was what I can only describe as Eggplant Purple :eek: ( It had to go). Sanded, corrected and repatched a few spots the previous owner totally F'd up. Then rattlecan primed and painted it to the colors you see on it now.
Sanded both bumpers, front grille (cept' the bullet nose) front trim and taillight bezels and rattlecanned them Dupli-Color Chrome Enamel.
Interior is virtually untouched cept' for patching some wiring and installing the underdash guage cluster and replacing screws that were missing on door panels and interior metal trim.

I have had the car for some years now and have been collecting numerous parts to refurbish the mechanical and electrical from nose to tail. Basically, I have obtained replacement parts for all the suspension, rolling, steering and running gear as well as a complete set of wiring harnesses made to OEM spec (cloth wrap, old style connectors) to replace every wire in it. Period hop-ups: I found an Offy Dual-One Barrel manifold complete with linkage and fuel line splitter, a set of header's that are actually for a 53' F-1 with the same motor that can be modified to fit [;) and a set of High-Lift Intake/Exhaust Lifters (now that is real old school :cool: ).
The headers are 3 into 2 collectors, so i am considering running the 2 tailpipes out just in front of the driverside rear tire Nascar style.

Okok, enuf blabbin, here they are..

Attachments

• rat6.jpg
    rat6.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 24
  • rat7.jpg
    rat7.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 22
  • rat8.jpg
    rat8.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 22
  • rat9.jpg
    rat9.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 21
  • rat10.jpg
    rat10.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 21
  • rat11.jpg
    rat11.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 23
  • rat12.jpg
    rat12.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 23
  • rat13.jpg
    rat13.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 23
  • rat14.jpg
    rat14.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 25
  • rat15.jpg
    rat15.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 22
me likes

i had a '54 once but my friend just had to have it. wish i hadn't sold it. tried to buy it back about a year later but he had already sold it.

i had a '54 once but my friend just had to have it. wish i hadn't sold it. tried to buy it back about a year later but he had already sold it.

Yeah, I have lot's of people just dying to buy it from me, but when I say no they then think it's their perogative to tell me how to..

'fix it up and paint it so you can sell it for big bucks'
'I suppose that was what you were gonna do then if I sold it to you now.'
'well aren't you gonna sell it ever?'
'no, I bought because I like it, as in.. to keep.'
'oh, what color are ya gonna paint it then?'
'I already did'
'oh'[S

Latest posts

Back