Steampunk Motor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What an amaing engine. I met a man in Alabama this summer that 2 similar engines in his back yard. One was assembled and running mounted to a trailer to take to shows. The other engine was disassembled and had an enormous crankshaft and connecting rods,as you would imagine. They use compressed air to start them.

They were used to power water pumps, generators etc. I would be something to hear one operating under load - when it's just running free like that, it only fires as many cylinders as needed to keep running. Love how it can go down to like 40 RPM - when he opens it up from idle, it sounds like a giant Model A 4 banger :D[cl.

that was really cool. I like the commenst about dancing at 45 seconds lol

well now that i came on here to load some pics and have been watching varying youtube videos for half an hour let me get back to loading those pics :D

That is cooler than the other side of the pillow. I watched it several times. Then I got hooked into some of the related videos off to the side.

Latest posts

Back