Mini Muscle Car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small Steps

Again, not much garage time. I did finalize the passenger side. Did the main piece for the driver side. I learned a bit. It went faster and turned out better.

Attachments

• more hump 001.jpg
    more hump 001.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 31
  • more hump 002.jpg
    more hump 002.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 27
  • more hump 003.jpg
    more hump 003.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 28
Looks great Bob! I like working with cardboard for templates as well. Much cheaper than screwing up a expensive piece of sheet metal. I'll be getting ready to start my floor soon as well.

I just bought a 4x8 18ga and it was $124.00. This place is a great place but they go nuts on you for cut charges. If I needed that sheet metal cut it would be a 5.00 a foot shear charge. I normally pick up y metal with a 5.5 x 10 trailer I have but once in a while I just take the SUV up and need 20' stick of tubing or angle and they charge 7.00 per cut with the torch and 11.00 per cut with the saw.

I just bought a milwaulkee cordless grinder that I'll use to cut stuff like that.....just bring it to the car and wack it.

You also have to ask what is already cut in the rack. If you need 5' of something that cost 3.00 a foot and they have a 8 footer in the rack you can get an extra 3' of material for the cost of cutting the 5 footer. All that extra material add's up and is nice to have in my steel rack versus theirs!

The steel yards near me give you the first cut for free. Five bucks after that. I don't know about sheet metal. I always scout the "shorts rack" first. That material sells by the pound.

All the kneeling and crouching necessary while building the floor has taken a toll on my knees. Glad it's almost done. Since I don't have a sheet metal brake anymore I went out to Gruber's and bent up the driveshaft cover. Now to make a transition between the two pieces. Reaching the end of Fall colors around here. My Maples are a little retarded though.

Attachments

• Tunnel 001.jpg
    Tunnel 001.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Tunnel 002.jpg
    Tunnel 002.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Tunnel 003.jpg
    Tunnel 003.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 26
  • waiting 003.jpg
    waiting 003.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Looks great! I have a 4' break. I keep it outside cause I have no room for it inside. Saw a nice deal on a 8' but no dam room. The maple's are great...I guess the green one is not ready yet.

10-4 on the short rack....we have one as well. Also by the pound.

I fabbed up a roll pan today. I'm about done with the metal work on the bed.
The tape is where the louvers will go. 4" louvers with a row of 3" louvers in the center. I thought about making a louver die but I don't have a press. There's a guy about an hour and a half from me that charges 50.00 for set up / layout and 3.00 a louver. That's 104.00. I figure that's worth it.

Need a temp x-brace then I'll pull it off and get back on the frame. I'll have a roller soon!

Attachments

• DSCF5412.jpg
    DSCF5412.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF5414.jpg
    DSCF5414.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF5416.jpg
    DSCF5416.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF5420.jpg
    DSCF5420.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 33
Looks great! I have a 4' break. I keep it outside cause I have no room for it inside. Saw a nice deal on a 8' but no dam room. The maple's are great...I guess the green one is not ready yet.

10-4 on the short rack....we have one as well. Also by the pound.

I fabbed up a roll pan today. I'm about done with the metal work on the bed.
The tape is where the louvers will go. 4" louvers with a row of 3" louvers in the center. I thought about making a louver die but I don't have a press. There's a guy about an hour and a half from me that charges 50.00 for set up / layout and 3.00 a louver. That's 104.00. I figure that's worth it.

Need a temp x-brace then I'll pull it off and get back on the frame. I'll have a roller soon!

Dam.... I thought I was on my thread Bob...sorry

Not to worry Couper.

I've been AWOL on this build. Been on the IR list for about a week. A little better now. Got the dash roughed in. It won't be anything fancy.

Attachments

• dash 002.jpg
    dash 002.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 32
  • dash 001.jpg
    dash 001.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 28
Sometimes you need to take a break!

Usually for me it works out best before I start crying..... LOL

I'm sure the dash will look cool no matter what you do.

Whats the "IR" list????

Latest posts

Back