Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Gang.
Moms -in-law is doing better. Seems like it takes her about 3 days to get over one of these episodes.
She has also decided that it's time for some sort of assisted living facilities.
Mrs T has been over there 24/7 since the ER visit. Back home tonight....
Meanwhile,More floor.
It's pretty obvious from these pictures why I won't have a back seat. And why people don't use S-10 Chassis for cars. LOL
Torchie

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 0-1.jpg
    0-1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 0-2.jpg
    0-2.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 0-3.jpg
    0-3.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 0-4.jpg
    0-4.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 0-5.jpg
    0-5.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 0-6.jpg
    0-6.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 15
Thanks Burgerman. 😀
I agree Dozer.
Hope you are still on the upswing.
One of the many trends That customs went through was to stretch a tonneau cover from the back of the front seat to the rear package tray. Not sure why but I’m going with it.
And for you hot rodders out there....
The wicked 55 Chevy in American Graffiti had a tonneau cover over its back seat.
There were other in real life too.
No shop time tomorrow I think. I have to start on my Christmas baking.
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

I thought the back seat was an issue when people used S10 frames but, didn't know until now.
You could build a shelf area like the business coupes have.
[P[P[P

Yes, I saw rear seat tonneau covers around here in my youth.

I hope this doesn't offend you or anyone else, but here goes:

My friend who recently had a leg amputated below the knee works in Maintenance at a low rent high rise apartment building. Recently a very elderly lady passed away. As the paramedics were wheeling her out, my friend noticed she had an artificial leg. No living relatives either. Now my friend has a spare prostheses.

I thought the back seat was an issue when people used S10 frames but, didn't know until now.
You could build a shelf area like the business coupes have.
[P[P[P

It’s an issue for sure OI.
The frame starts to sweep upwards right after the B pillar and since the frame is narrower then the stock Dodge so it’s not wide enough for me to sink the floor down between.
The business coupe shelf is an option.
Storage of some sort for sure given the lack of space in the trunk.😳
The joys of a sectioned and channeled car.
Torchie

Yes, I saw rear seat tonneau covers around here in my youth.

I hope this doesn't offend you or anyone else, but here goes:

My friend who recently had a leg amputated below the knee works in Maintenance at a low rent high rise apartment building. Recently a very elderly lady passed away. As the paramedics were wheeling her out, my friend noticed she had an artificial leg. No living relatives either. Now my friend has a spare prostheses.
But does it fit? Seems unlikely.

I was waiting for that question, Skip. He took it to the leg shop and had it reworked to fit him.
I thought is was a bizarre story and couldn't help telling it.

I couldn't do it. Seeing someone being wheeled out and saying "Hey, I could use that leg." Nope.

Lol.
People can get kind of weird when they see a fake limb.
Kids are endlessly fascinated by them. When ever I go out in shorts, which is about 90 percent of the time, little kids are always staring at me. I have at times waved them over to explain to them what they are looking at. The patents are always appreciative of me explaining things.
Now for adults......
One time I was coming out of a big box retailer . While heading across the mostly deserted parking lot my fake leg snapped right off.
Down I went. A Good Samaritan stopped and asked if I needed help to which I replied. “ Thanks. Could you go over there and grab my leg.” He looked at me. Then the leg lying in the parking lot and turned and headed to his car.
I don’t know if he thought it was a prank or what.
My wife got a shopping cart and I used that to stand up and as a walker.
Some times I have a spare leg. Others i don’t. No spare leg right now.
It’s a great life if you don’t weaken....
Keep on keeping on.
Torchie

Torchie, that's the best advice I've heard in a long time. [cl

"It's a great life if you don't weaken."

My story was like organ donation, but different.:eek:

Lol.
People can get kind of weird when they see a fake limb.

agreed, my father in law had a fake leg, and he and my mother in law took off on a retirement camper trip around the usa after his surgery. on his birthday I made him a card drawing the camper with a crows nest and him in a pirate hat holding his sword into the wind saying AARGGGH. all his kids thought it was tasteless and unsympathetic and more than a lot taboo, but I gave it anyway and he absolutely loved it. he wasnt a guy that shied away from pointing out other peoples deformities so it was nice to see he didnt mind his own.

Lol. Joedoh. People are interesting. That’s for sure.😳
For my first out of hospital visit to my cutters office I wore a T shirt with the black knight on it from the Monty Python movie. The search for the holy grail.
That’s the character that keeps getting parts whacked off in a fight but proclaims “ it’s only a flesh wound.”😂
My surgeon, that wasn’t known for his sense of humor saw me in that shirt and started to laugh so hard he teared up.
You either laugh at it all or you cry.....
Torchie

Wise folks don't have time to feel sorry for themselves. Too many adventures and challenges ahead.

Last visit to the Doc I said, "Just help me have 10 more good years." His jaw dropped.
I'll be 90 then and if I'm drooling in a bib watching but not seeing TV in some home, so be it.

I went out on a limb telling that story a few posts ago. I hope no one was offended.

No offense as far as I’m concerned, bob.
As a keen observer of the human condition I find tales like this very interesting.
If we were all alike. How boring it would be.
My cardiologist claimed I would see age 82. I asked him for that in writing.😳😜😂
Torchie

Latest posts

Back