Bamamav's 1947 Lincoln Club Coupe build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys know I'm more a shiny paint kinda guy, but the survivor look on this car is starting to grow on me. It's definitely a 20 footer with rusty spots, rough solvent pimples and peeling clear coat. It will be a while before I get around to bodywork and paint, if ever. Got to get a driveshaft, new wheels and tires, and want a Vintage Air A/C unit first. Gonna enjoy it as is for now.....

Not much been going on with the old girl lately. I finally got it to the transmission shop this week to get the TV cable checked. Started out with it last week, but blew two trailer tires in 6 miles, so I ended up having to buy two new used ones. Transmission guy said I had the TV cable perfect, so I was happy with that. Now got to get a new driveshaft and some tires before I venture too far with it.

Did find out I put my pittman arm on wrong, only have 1 1/4 turns left from center, but 1 3/4 turns from center to the right. Going to have to try and change that, probably have to adjust the tie rod end a bit. I did get my front signal/parking lights put in the housings and painted the housings, but didn't have any clear to coat them with so I didn't put them on yet. Hope to get the truck out of the shop next week so I can make some more play money. Anxious to get some road time in before it gets cold!

Since I've been off a lot lately, I've got some more done to the old girl. Gave her a facelift, LOL!
Been tired of the blacked out chrome, so now it's metallic silver, poor man's chrome. Totally changes her looks. Still need to clear over all of it, will probably just run it this way for a while and recover them later. Still have to do the bumpers, but they're coming off so I can do some changes to them. Not that it's getting many miles put on it yet anyway. I did get the steering centered, had to mod the Pittman arm a bit. Got a show coming up Oct 2 I'm thinking about going to . May be the only one left I get to go to this year, most everything else cancelled or is farther than I want to drive on these old tires.

Now if I could just keep that dammed Freightliner out of the shop where I could work a few days and make some play money.....

Attachments

• repainted grill.jpg
    repainted grill.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 21
Oh Yeah, what they said, much better in silver. [cl[cl Personally, I'll never understand the black look for trim and wheels, guess I'm just too old for that coming from the time when nothing beat chroming stuff, starting with the wheels. Not into the Darth Vader look :cool:

Two updates in one week!

When i got the car, it had a sheet metal cover to the radiator. It didn't fit well, as a matter of fact it didn't fit at all. I decided I wanted something nicer, so here is the result of about 3 hours of labor. Stainless steel off a fridge door, hinged for radiator and hose access. Got about $5 in it for the stainless hinge and bolts. Covers about half the fan, so if I have cooling problems when I add AC I can come off the sides and make a matching fan shroud. Got some plans in my head for a console from the dash to the floor with a hidden radio and cupholders made partly from this same material, but that is for later.

Attachments

• air deflector 3.jpg
    air deflector 3.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 17
  • air deflector 2.jpg
    air deflector 2.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 16
  • air deflector 1.jpg
    air deflector 1.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back