Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With some help and a break from the snow we moved the custom out of the shop for a photo shoot with the stock donor car.
This gives a good idea of how different the 2 cars are now.:eek::cool::cool:
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

Attachments

• 0-4.jpg
    0-4.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 0-5.jpg
    0-5.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 0-6.jpg
    0-6.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 0-7.jpg
    0-7.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 0-8.jpg
    0-8.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 0-15.jpg
    0-15.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 0-10.jpg
    0-10.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 0-14.jpg
    0-14.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 0-1.jpg
    0-1.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 22
Right on, a great before and after comparison, almost doesn't even look like the same make of car, especially from the rear!! [cl[cl[cl
If there were and doubters in the crowd about your ability to pull this one off, this will shut 'em up! :D[cl

What a unique and refreshingly original project. This will look awesome painted and i don't say that very often. Love the proportionally large diameter tires too.
Thanks for all the positive comments Gang.:cool: :) :)
earthman...
I mulled over that tire size purchase for a long time before I pushed the "Buy" button. These tires are tall. So was the one I used for mock up. I went with that size to get the white wall width that I wanted. And to get a tire that would fill the wheel openings.
When you look at the pictures look to the height differences between the donor and the custom. Headlight height vs headlight height. Grill opening. Roof. Things like that.
The height of the rocker bottoms from the ground is not that much different between the 2 cars. Although the donor car has really weak springs on it and it's sitting a lower then stock.
Also. It looks like I sectioned the hood on the custom as compared to the stocker. I didn't.
The rear end and the rear window area on the custom show the most amount of change.
I guess my point is that the eyes can play tricks on us.
I went with the big picture. The amounts of what I did are really incidental.
Its all got to work together.
Thanks again to all for the good words.
Keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 0-15.jpg
    0-15.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 0-10.jpg
    0-10.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for all the positive comments Gang.:cool: :) :)
earthman...
I mulled over that tire size purchase for a long time before I pushed the "Buy" button. These tires are tall. So was the one I used for mock up. I went with that size to get the white wall width that I wanted. And to get a tire that would fill the wheel openings.
When you look at the pictures look to the height differences between the donor and the custom. Headlight height vs headlight height. Grill opening. Roof. Things like that.
The height of the rocker bottoms from the ground is not that much different between the 2 cars. Although the donor car has really weak springs on it and it's sitting a lower then stock.
Also. It looks like I sectioned the hood on the custom as compared to the stocker. I didn't.
The rear end and the rear window area on the custom show the most amount of change.
I guess my point is that the eyes can play tricks on us.
I went with the big picture. The amounts of what I did are really incidental.
Its all got to work together.
Thanks again to all for the good words.
Keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

It's all FOR(THE)BIGPICTURE!!!!! ;):D[ddd

[cl[cl

[P[P

Thank as always . Gang.😎😎
Things took an interesting turn last night.
It seems I did inherit 2- 331 hemi engines.
If they are the ones that I remember one of them was rebuilt and never put in anything.
Ok. Hemi gurus. How do the engine mount location compare to those on the 318?
Also......
Transmission options(automatic) or is it all going to need an adapter.
I’ve been researching and haven’t gotten any concrete answers.
Thank for any and all responses.
Torchie

They're the same as the 318's that are on the front corners of the block.
The first pic is the difference from a SBC and the Hemi before I moved the mount forward.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
Thanks OI and soltz.:D
I won't be getting the engines till spring.
Here are some pics of the 318 front mounts.
Based on OI's pictures I'd say they are a bit back from where the hemi mounts are.
Any thoughts.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 221245480_3990772264353583_3606804463639324448_n.jpg
    221245480_3990772264353583_3606804463639324448_n.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 19
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 95.jpg
    95.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 19
Torchie, I have some information on the bellhousings. Chrysler V-8s had the same rear bolt pattern up until 1962, so even the Poly bells will fit. Lots of pick-ups had New Process 435 transmissions behind Poly's so those will work if you want a standard truck 4sd. If you wanted to mount an NP A833 car 4sd, there is lots of flat area on the back of the bellhousing, but you will have to bore your own holes. I mounted an A833 behind my baby Hemi. [pictures] Bellhousings after '62 probably have the same bolt pattern but the centering studs are in a different place and they are a way easier to install.
[Pictures], the transmission is slightly tilted and I made a girdle to help hold the transmission on there. The first picture is showing you the centering ring that keeps the trans on the straight and narrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1199.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1200.jpg
    IMG_1200.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back