Pictures of a Frame Mounted Master Cly

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coup, I am really glad I finally put a vacuum power brake system in my 55 Merc pickup. It has discs on the front and drums on the back. You don't have to push those pads very far onto the discs, but you have to push them hard, so the power brakes are a way nicer. My unit is from a hotrod shop and is a dual diaphragm, small diameter one but I don't know the brand name. It is under the floor.
On my '36 Ford truck I used a Ranger frame and put the vacuum booster from the donor Ranger under the floor, [a tight fit], but it works nicely.

I used an under the floor master w/booster in my '41 Ford PU. Here it is before plumbing! At the top you can see the brake pedal arm! I boxed the frame & used a tubular x-member!

BoB

Attachments

• master.jpg
    master.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 26
Coup, I am really glad I finally put a vacuum power brake system in my 55 Merc pickup. It has discs on the front and drums on the back. You don't have to push those pads very far onto the discs, but you have to push them hard, so the power brakes are a way nicer. My unit is from a hotrod shop and is a dual diaphragm, small diameter one but I don't know the brand name. It is under the floor.
On my '36 Ford truck I used a Ranger frame and put the vacuum booster from the donor Ranger under the floor, [a tight fit], but it works nicely.

Thanks Merc... I have to pick one out and would like to make the best choice.

if you run power steering , a hydraulic booster may be the way to solve space issues.

Thanks Dutch.... no power steering but your making me think. I've got two very bad shoulders from years of body building. I actually just hurt both of them running a die nut on 2 - 9/16 grade 8 bolts and am having trouble lifting a glass today. Arrg. I see how this steering system works out and I'll upgrade down the road if needed. In the meantime I will be using a big vintage steering wheel.

I used an under the floor master w/booster in my '41 Ford PU. Here it is before plumbing! At the top you can see the brake pedal arm! I boxed the frame & used a tubular x-member!

BoB

Thanks for the picture Tripper. I have to locate my cab and build the mounts. I believe this will be my next job.

Latest posts

Back